26•Right Or Wrong

This Chapter is Dedicates to Laris_GwnIk    Thank you for leaving the loveliest comments, and always voting on my chapters. Your support is always noticed. Again thank you.

*Alex's POV*

Tears are streaming down my face. I don't know when they started, but they don't stop. They flow a river down my cheeks, dripping onto my shirt and leaving tiny stains behind.

Lizzie cries too. She sobs really, her hands gripping onto her mouth, as if attempting to mute the sounds that escape her lips. It doesn't.

I cry of guilt.

I knew Mason made these videos.

I never said a thing.

My flash drive, Austins laptop. Nothing traced back to him, until you saw his face in its videos of course.

Than I see Alice. Alone. She's looks so exhausted. Her words blur into one. I can't concentrate.

It was my fault to.

Sometimes doing nothing is worse than betraying your friends. It can even end a life. How I wish I could tell my past self that. But I can't. It's over now. The damage has been done. It's irreversible.

The clips in the flash drive are all out of order. But every clip has a common word.

"no."

When it feels like my eyes can't possibly produce more tears, the laptop turns black, marking the end of the videos.

We sit in silence.

"Lizzie."

"No. Don't do that to me Alex." I see Lizzie's face crumple. "You knew didn't you?"

I'm to ashamed to lie.

Lizzie draws a shaky breath. "Fuck you."

I don't respond. How can I! I killed her best friend, and I hurt every girl Mason videoed as well.

"Masons dead Alex! The competitions over! It doesn't matter how many girls you screw anymore! Cause that's what I was wasn't I? A piece of your game?" Lizzie is standing up now, tears streaming from her eyes.

"That's not true-"

I feel a sting across my cheek, and it takes me a second to realize she slapped me. There's a flame in Lizzie's eyes, it's burning bigger and bigger, and there's nothing anyone can do to extinguishing it.

"-Cut the bull Alex." She's breathing heavily, and her cheeks are a burnt red.

We're quiet again. It's true what I said though. Lizzie wasn't a part of my game. I don't even know how she's knows about that shitty competition I had with my friends. It was so stupid. I love Lizzie more than I have loved anything else in my life. I need her, and hearing those words come out of her mouth, feels like knives  being plunged deep into my chest.

"We should bring this to the police." I whisper after a while.

Lizzie looks at me her eyes wide, and her answer takes me by surprise. "No."

"What?"

"We can't Alex."

"We have too. Even Alice said it herself. We- I- owe it to all those girls Masons hurt. We have to show the world what an asshole he was."

Lizzie looks at me strange. "Say the word Alex."

It only takes me a second to understand what she means. But I can't. I can't say that word.

Her eyes seethe again, and she leans towards me. "I owe it to all those girls Masons raped."

As the word spits from her mouth, I feel myself begin to crumble. It was all my fucking fault too.

"We can't go to the police Alex. We'll only get everyone on this flash drive, and those who new about it into shit. The town of Allenwood won't know how to deal with it. And do you honestly think Masons father- who is the Mayor- my I remind you- will allow his sons reputation to go down the drain. This is fucking life. And in life those who are above stay above, and those who are under stay there forever. "

"We can't just shove all those girls into light without asking them first, and many of them will probably be to ashamed to talk."

"Even though I hate you more than I can fucking explain it Alex. I love you even more. I'm not letting you get wrapped into this, and I will not let Jay loose his scholarships too."

I sigh. What can I possibly say to change her mind. A part of me wants to go down in flames for what I've done. In fact a part of me wants to be dead because of it.

"So what should we do." I say quietly.

"We keep it a secret."

I'm sorry for this extra long chapter! I just couldn't help myself! There are a few more chapters left so please make sure to keep yourself updated if your interested in this story- also share it with some of your friends as well! I can't believe I updated this story so many time in a day! Comment what you think is going to happen in the next chapter! Do you think Alex is just as guilty as Mason? Lemme know!•