Chapter 5

Camila jumps as she's here's the familiar voice, and backs away as much as she can. She didn't want to be in trouble for being out when she wasn't supposed to be. She does feel a little bit of comfort knowing that it's just her teacher that caught her though, because if it was a anyone else she knows she'd be in a lot trouble.

Lauren frowns as the small girl backs away from her. She had so many questions. Why was she out here so late? Why was she alone? Why wasn't she at home with her family? Was anyone looking for her? She knew she couldn't overwhelm the small girl with so many questions, so for now she intended to keep them to herself.

Standing back up, she walked closer to the small girl and crouched down again.

"Why aren't you at home sweetheart?" She asks quietly, looking at her with curious eyes. The small girl simply shakes her head in response, and tries to curl up even smaller.

If that was even possible.

"Well I can't leave you out here alone, so I'm gonna take you home, okay?" Lauren says, standing up again and holding out her hand.

Camila shook her head quickly and backed away, stopping when she no longer had any space to move. She didn't want to go back to the orphanage, and miss Jauregui couldn't make her. Her bottom lip quivered as sob after sob escaped her mouth, tears falling down her cheeks. She didn't know why this always happened, but whenever she thought about the orphanage, she cried.

Lauren's eyes widen at the sobs that escape the small girls mouth, why was the thought of going home so upsetting for her? Just as the small girl goes to run away, she quickly grabs her by the waist and holds her tightly, dismissing her cries as simply not wanting to go home.

"No! Let me go!" Camila cries, squirming roughly in miss Jauregui's hold. She knew she was gonna be made to go home if she didn't get away, so that only made her more determined and her squirming only got stronger. Her eyes widen as the arms round her waist tighten.

She was going to hurt her too!

"Stop! Don't hurt me! Please!" She wails, kicking legs. She tries to remove the arms off of her waist, but they were too strong, only making her panic more.

Lauren tears up at the hysterical cries and words leaving the small girls mouth. Camila really thought she was going to hurt her.

"Let me go! Please, don't hurt me, I'm sorry!" She cries, trying to pry Lauren's arms off of her. But it was no use.

Lauren was forced for kneel down and hold the girl on her lap as her squirming got even stronger. For such a small girl, she sure was strong. She knew she couldn't let her escape before she could figure out what was going on.

"Shhhhh, I'm not going to hurt you sweetheart, please calm down" she murmurs into Camila's ear as she gently rocks the small girl in her arms, stroking her thumb soothingly across her stomach in an attempt to calm her down.

Camila sobs defeatedly as she gives up her squirming, knowing it was useless. She was gonna be made to go back and there was nothing she could do about it.

Lauren sighs thankfully, "good girl" she whispers, relaxing her hold on the small girl slightly. She gently turned Camila around in her arms and held her close for a second, before standing herself up. She knew she had to find out what was going on, but it was a cold and rainy day and she really didn't want Camila or herself to get sick.