Chapter 15

Lauren sighs as she folds the last item of laundry. It was currently nine in the morning and she had been up about an hour, because after completely forgetting to change her bedsheets last night, she had deliberately made herself get up earlier than necessary to get everything done and sorted before Camila woke up, as she knew she wouldn't get anything done with a clingy nine year old attached to her.

As much as she loved holding the small girl, it was nice to be able to move without fifty extra pounds attached to you.

Turing of the light to the laundry room, she grabbed the basket and made her way back down the hall, peaking in her room briefly to check on Camila. Once Lauren was satisfied she was still asleep, she walked into the living room and set the basket on the couch before going to make herself a coffee.

After getting the perfect amount of caffeine inside of her to function for the rest of the day, she went to go wake Camila.

She found the small girl led on her tummy with her thumb still placed firmly in her mouth, an action Lauren rolled her eyes at. She was seriously gonna have to do something about this whole thumb sucking situation, as adorable as it was, she didn't want her kids teeth messed up.

"Wake up sleepy girl" she murmured quietly, gently brushing away Camila's hair that had fallen in her face.

As Camila was a light sleeper, just the lightest touch from Lauren caused her to stir and open her eyes. She sent Lolo a small smile as she sleepily rubbed her eyes and stretched, before curling back into herself to try and keep warm.

Lauren smiled at the adorable action, "morning beautiful, did you sleep okay?" She asks, sliding her hands underneath Camila's armpits and pulling her sideways into her lap, her arms wrapping securely around her small body.

Camila nodded her head and curled into Lolo, her thumb once again returning to her mouth as she feels herself falling back asleep. She couldn't help it, Lolo was warm and it made her feel sleepy.

"No no, it's time to get up little lady" Lauren said, gently grabbing her wrist and pulling her thumb away from her mouth. She didn't mind her doing it at bed time, but during the day she was going to put a stop to.

Camila was about to whine and pull her thumb back (as it was hers, and Lolo couldn't have it) but then she remembered that they were gonna go get her pull-ups today, so she let Lolo pull her thumb away, not wanting to be bad and have Lolo take away her pull-ups.

"Good girl, now, lets get you dressed and then we can go get some breakfast" Lauren said, lifting Camila off of her lap before standing up and offering Camila her hand.

She made the short walk to the closet and let go of the small girls hand.

"What do you wanna wear baby?" Lauren asked, opening the closet door and peering into it, a small smile on her face. She had picked up so many cute outfits yesterday, and she couldn't wait to see Camila in them.

"Uhhhm that one Lolo" Camila mumbles, hesitantly pointing to one of the many  rompers. (Idek if this is even a romper, but just go with it)

 (Idek if this is even a romper, but just go with it)