Chapter 10

I wasn't going to post this until tomorrow, so you can thank imm_a_mess for the early update!

Enjoy!
*****
"Look at me baby" Lauren says softly, gently grasping the small girls cheeks in her hands before soothingly stroking her thumbs along them. When Camila finally made eye contact with her, she lowered her head slightly so they were eye level. She peered into her teary brown eyes and tried to read her, but she found it impossible. It was like she had completely built her walls back up.

"I'm not going to make you a promise I can't keep. But I definitely can promise I'll do my very best to keep you with me okay? I'll do everything I can" she reassures softly as she continues to look into the small girls eyes.

Camila nods her head and looks down, breaking the connection between them.

Lauren sighs lightly and kisses her forehead before bringing her close. She hates that she can't promise what Camila wants, but she wasn't about to make a promise she wasn't sure she was able to keep. That would only mean the trust Camila had for her would be gone.

And she really didn't want that to happen.

"Alright, lets go. The sooner we get this done the better" Lauren says, more to herself than to Camila. She stands up with Camila still in her arms and makes her way to the front door, grabbing her keys of the small hook. She closes the door behind her and walks to her car, all with Camila still in her arms.

Once she arrives to her car, she unlocks it and opens the back door, setting the small girl in the seat that was behind the passenger side. Camila was small, so if was able to get custody of her, she would have to buy a car seat for her safety, as she knew she didn't quite meet the height requirements.

After buckling the small girl in, she perches herself on the end of the seat and brings Camila into a hug, her arms tightly securing around her small body. She could feel Camila's arms tightly gripping the back of her hoody, her arms tight around her waist. They were both holding each other like they would never get the chance to again.

It made Lauren want to cry.

What if this was the last time she would ever hold her?

She blinks back her tears and pulls away, once again making eye contact with the small girl in front of her.

"Do you trust me?" She asks, her voice quiet.

Camila didn't even hesitate to nod. She did trust her Lauren, a lot.

"Then you need to believe that I'm going to do everything I can to get you out of there, okay?" She says, trying to reassure herself as well as Camila.

Camila nods her head and smiles shyly, she'll try to believe it, but it's hard.

Lauren smiles softly and kisses her head, "good girl" she stands up from her place on the seat and closes the door before making her way round to the drivers side. After starting the car, she glances back at Camila one last time before starting the drive to the orphanage.

The drive was quiet, the only sound being the quiet music playing from the radio, but it wasn't uncomfortable. Not at all.

It gave both of them time to think.

Camila was trying her best not to break down right there and then. They were going back, and she may not make it out alive. It sounded really dramatic, but she had already ran away once and miss Anne threatened to kill her if she did it again.