Chapter 30

"I'm sorry, what?" Lauren asks, running a hand through her hair.

Since when does her mom want to adopt a child?

She hears Demi laugh on the other end of the phone, which eases her worries slightly.

"Your mom wants to adopt Normani" Demi repeats bluntly.

"Okay...and is that going to happen?" Lauren asks, leaning back against the chair.

"Well first, well have to asses her and give her a background check, but as soon as that done, I don't see why it can't happen" Demi says happily.

"And how long would that take to do?"

"Two days, max"

Is that it?

Lauren quickly finishes up her conversation with Demi before hanging up the phone, placing the device back onto the table. She couldn't really say she was surprised with her moms want to adopt a child, she was just surprised she had done it without telling her first.

She knew her mom was more than capable of looking after Normani, as you know, she does have three kids of her own after all, but Normani's past wasn't the greatest, and she struggled to think how her mom would cope with that.

But when everything was good to go, would that mean Normani would be her sister?

And Camila's aunt?

Oh god.

Sighing heavily, she checks the time on her phone and see's its nine thirty. Too late to call her mom now, she would have to call her in the tomorrow instead.

She stands up and makes her way out of the kitchen, turning the light off on her way out. On the way to her room, she peaks her head into the guest room and see's Normani fast asleep, curled up into the mountain of blankets. She smiles at the sight and gently closes the door behind her, walking into her room.

Instead of showering like she intended too tonight, she simply strips off and pulls on a tank top and shorts, heading straight into the bathroom. She quickly brushes her teeth and washes her face before turning the bathroom light out, climbing straight into bed.

The small girl next to her stirs, and she stills her body and holds her breath, hoping to keep her baby asleep. But, unfortunately for Lauren, Camila blearily opens her eyes.

"Mama?" The small girl asks, her voice muffled by her pacifier.

"Yeah baby, it's mama" Lauren sighs, sliding properly into her bed. She had a total of about three seconds to herself before the small girl clambers into her arms, resting her head on her chest.

"My mama" she hears Camila say, her voice a mere whisper.

"Yeah my love, your mama" Lauren smiles.

***********

"Come on Normani, it's time to go!" She calls, lifting a whining Camila onto her hip. The small girl had been very clingy this morning, and Lauren suspected it was because she still wasn't feeling hundred percent, but knowing she nor Camila could miss another day at school, she had given the girl some more Tylenol and is hoping she'll last the day without being sent home.

Talking of school, she was talking to Normani over breakfast earlier, and she's discovered the young girl goes to the same school as Camila, just a grade higher, which just makes everything a lot easier for her.