Chapter 16

"Alright sweetheart, I think it's time for bed" Lauren said, reaching for the tv remote with her free hand, the other being used to hold the small girl close to her. They had been watching frozen for the past hour, but as it was nearing eight thirty Lauren thought now would be a good time to go to bed as they both technically had school tomorrow.

Camila nodded, although she didn't move her head from resting on Lolo's chest. She was too sleepy, and she knew Lolo would carry her.

"Pull-ups lolo?" She asked, her voice a mere whisper.

Lauren turns off the tv and stands up with Camila in her arms, "yeah baby, you get to wear your pull-ups" she said softly, shifting her onto her hip as she made her way down the hall.

She kisses the small girls head before setting her down on her bed, "blues clues or princesses?" She asked.

Camila hesitates for a second before pointing to the blues clues package, a small smile on her face, she was so exited!

Lauren nods and grabs the package, pulling out one of the pull-ups.

"Would you like help?" She asks, holding out the pull-up. She already knew the answer to her own question, but she thought it would be important to ask Camila. The small girl didn't have the nurturing she needed growing up, so she tended to need a little help with small things like this.

Not that Lauren minded, she was happy to help with whatever the girl wanted/needed.

The small girl nods and reaches for Lauren, "help Lolo" she mumbles. She knew she could probably do it herself, but now she had someone who would help her with things like this, and not just yell at her, having help seemed like the better option.

Lauren smiles gently and unbuttons the small girls romper before gently pulling the item of clothing off of her body. She tossed it into the dirty laundry basket ready to wash later, and turns round to face the small girl

"Alright baby, lay back" Lauren said.

The small girl lays back onto the soft comforter, allowing Lolo to pull her underwear down. She watched as she threw it in the laundry basket where her romper already was.

"Sit up" Lauren murmured, taking both of the small girls hands and gently easing her up. She let the small girl step into the pull-up before pulling it up her legs until it sat on her small hips.

"Good girl, now, shall we go get you some pyjamas?" She asks, tickling the small girls sides gently.

Camila giggles quietly and leans into Lolo, allowing herself to be lifted into her arms. She shakes her head and rests it on Lolo's shoulder, her eyes closing in content.

"No? Well I think we'll just grab you one of my shirts to wear then, that sound okay?" She asks, patting the girls bottom a few times before walking to her closet. She grabs the first shirt she see's and walks back to her bed, gently setting Camila down onto the edge.

Camila softly whines at the loss of contact, she just wants to sleep!

Lauren pouts, "I know my love" she murmurs quietly, sliding the shirt over the small girls head. She guides her arms through the holes and pulls it down before lifting the small girl back into her arms, holding her close.

She gently rocks her, patting her bottom softly as begins to pace around the room, humming a random lullaby underneath her breath.