I: Un

UN

Jisoo threw himself to his bed after he had completely worn his whole body out. Jisoo heaved a deep sigh, and looked at the picture frame placed on top of the side table just next to his bed.

"How are you, li'l princess?" He asked. "Feeling great, aren't you?"

He laughed to himself and crinkled his nose.

"Of course, you are. The family's got you right now," Jisoo smiled.

He rolled to his bed, and messed his hair, with his face buried against the softness of his pillows. . . there, he cried.

It has already been three years since he lost his sister, diagnosed with stage 3 leukemia, and a year since he lost his parents after a car accident.

And now he got no one, but only himself. No one to trust, but only himself. No one to lean on, but only himself. . . but good thing he's got tons of friends out there for him, to fill the empty space inside his heart.

But it really is different, having only his friends, his second family without the first. It is different, especially when as soon as you part from your friends, nothing greets you home but silence, and blankness.

Especially when your whole friends are nagging and complaining about how damned they are early in the morning because of their parents' unending scolds, and words that aren't even needed.

Jisoo would just scoff at them, and say, "At least, you have someone to teach you a lesson and guide you, idiots."

And since that day, they never talked about families again and began to be more sensitive about their words.

Jisoo noticed that, though. He wanted not to receive any sympathy from them, he wants to show them he's still tough and firm after everything, doesn't matter if he's all alone, at least, he still got his last bit of sanity that keeps him moving.

And Jisoo had to admit, he's getting really really envious of those people who have a complete family, united, and happy. The feeling of having someone to call your parents, your family, the people you are forever grateful to.

Those random picnics, night outs, small bonding, few talks, and soft giggles with them. Having a brother or a sister you click along with well, that someone who goes with you, do the most stupid things with you until they'll find themselves literally rolling on the floor, laughing, until their tummies get hurt, and break some rules with you just because you wanted to scare the hell out of people.

It really is different. And now that feeling becomes an 'alien'. Because you have been exposed to an environment where there is no one for you but only yourself and the small voices in the back of your mind, being with someone you call 'family' would now become unfamiliar, and strange.

It has been a year, and Jisoo could already treat loneliness as his friend. Instead of having family there to ease the pain, there was emptiness worsening it.

Jisoo wiped his tears away and stood up, not minding the numbing pain he feels in his feet after doing his job this whole day. He left his room, the house, went to buy some flowers and candles, then went straight to the memorial park where his whole family was buried.

He sat on the soft green grass, in front of the gravestone of his beloved ones. He blew against the stones, and ran his palm softly against it, yet enough to wipe the dust away from it, their well-written names visible.

He smiled after he placed flowers on each gravestone with candles he lit up.

"Hey," he lowly said. "Happy anniversary, Hongs," he added. "How are you, Mom, Dad? You must be feeling so fine."