XVIII: Dix-Huit

DIX-HUIT

Seokmin could almost crack up to a loud laugh as he felt how hesitant Jisoo was in stepping inside the hospital as if there were strings tied around him, pulling him back from getting inside.

Seokmin tugged his hand, the one he had been holding, and chuckled at him.

"Why?" Seokmin asked, his brows raised.

Jisoo flashed him an assuring smile, but Seokmin could clearly see the effort to keep that smile on his face. "I-I. . .ㅡ n-nothing," he said and shook his head.

"Now what? Are you taking me back, or we'll run away?" Seokmin asked him and bounced his brows up and down.

Jisoo's smile faded, and he looked at him thoughtfully. "I'm taking you back," he answered and dragged him towards the inside of the hospital.

Seokmin just chuckled at him and nodded. He followed him, but then he stopped and looked at him again. Seokmin blinked.

"I-Is anything wrong?" He asked, half in surprise and half in nervousness.

Jisoo blinked, too. "Where's your room?"

Seokmin took in a heavy breath in relief and hit his chest lightly. "Dang, you scared me," he whispered.

"Why?"

Seokmin shook his head. "I thought you might suddenly not want to be with me, and run away from me, then rush out of here, leave me here, andㅡ"

Jisoo stepped closer and kissed his forehead. "Your thoughts are getting out of hand, love."

Seokmin looked at him and smiled. "But my hand's never getting out of your hand," he said. "Room 218."

Jisoo smiled and nodded. Together, they went straight to Seokmin's room. Seokmin felt pounds inside his chest in every step he took.

When they were already at the door, Jisoo held the knob, noticing Seokmin's feeling nervous. Jisoo smiled at him.

"Is everything okay, Seok?" Jisoo asked, checking on him again.

Seokmin nodded. "I just. . . um, I'm nervous they might be angry after I ran away again."

Jisoo smiled, holding his cheeks. "If they're angry, it's just because they were worried after you left without a word. Even I, I might be mad if I were them. But don't think of it badly, they just love youㅡ we just do love you."

Seokmin nodded.

"But I'm with you, in everything you do, whatever it is, I'm always with you," Jisoo said, giving emphasis in every word, making sure Seokmin will get every syllable.

Seokmin smiled and held his hands, putting them down. "I hope you'd still be with me after everything we'll be going through," he whispered, his voice low and soft but hopeful.

Jisoo smiled back at him and nodded. "Of course, I'd be. I'd still be, I promise."

Seokmin nodded and now faced the door, one hand on Jisoo and the other on the knob.

"I'm going in now," Seokmin said. Jisoo nodded, so he breathed in deeply, hoping he'd breathe in courage too.

He turned the knob, and slowly pushed the door open. He slowly stepped inside; every move is so hesitant and dubious. Until they had already made it inside, stopping on their tracks as soon as they were now visible to the others' eyes. Then he closed the door behind.

Seokmin held his head down.

"Finally! Here you are!" The petite guy exclaimed, sarcasm filling his voice.