XXXVIII: Trente-Huit

TRENTE-HUIT

Jisoo took in a deep sigh. His hands felt cold that it shivered as he took one step towards Seokmin.

Everyone ran to Seokmin's sleeping body, and held his hands. Jisoo's tears built up again on the corners of his eyes as sobs began filling the room completely.

Jisoo started shaking again as he stared at Seokmin's eyes that were closed, not even fluttering.

Then memories gushed inside his mind, memories of Seokmin's eyes staring at him lovingly with a wide warm smile on his lips as soon as Seokmin catches a glimpse of him getting inside the room.

He remembered how Seokmin would extend his arms open as soon as Jisoo walks inside, inviting Jisoo to a hug, how Seokmin would chuckle when Jisoo kisses his forehead, how Seokmin would hug Jisoo as soon as the elder leans forward to him.

He remembers even the smallest memory he had with Seokmin, the quick winks, the small pecks on either cheeks, nose or lips, the sudden quirking of the corners of their lips, the rubs of their noses, and the tight hold of each other's hands.

He remembers it all. . . but now suddenly, all those became so distant, like it had happened a whole lifetime ago.

All those happy memories he had with Seokmin suddenly turned so far away from him, even the long kiss they had under the rain, the dance they had inside the pavilion, the exhibit, their first anniversary, the surprises Seokmin had for him. . . it doesn't feel like yesterday.

Jisoo felt weak, his knees felt wobbly, his whole systems felt like giving up.

A hand held his so Jisoo looked at him, and smiled weakly. "H-He'll make it. . . I know my Seokmin. He's my Seokmin, he won't give up on me."

Soonyoung smiled, his tears streaming down his face. "Until the last minutes he was with us, he thought and talked about nothing but you, hyung. . ."

Jisoo's forced a wider smile. "H-He did?"

Soonyoung nodded. "I felt jealous because all he could think of was you. . . we've been together for so long, I saw him grow up, I saw all the best and worst in him before you did, I was there for him before you came. . . but now I understand. It was because he is all that you've got."

Soonyoung wiped the tears in his cheeks, and smiled now more genuinely. For a moment, Jisoo wished it was Seokmin whom he's staring at.

"He told me everything about you, and I swear, hyung, I saw how his face lit up as soon as you crossed his mind. . . I saw how his eyes shimmered like stars in the night sky as he was talking about you, I saw how different the smile he wore was compared to the usual smiles he has. I saw how much he's fond of you, hyung, I saw how much love there is in him for you. Then hyung, I realized just how much you made him happy. I saw happiness in him, and I prayed that his happiness will last. . ."

Soonyoung chuckled.

"Before, he kept talking about how much he wants to die, but now that you came in his life, I never missed a day hearing how much he loves you, how much he wants to stay and grow old with you, how much he wants to have a family with you, how much he wants to make you happy, how much he dreams to be under same roof as you are. . ." Soonyoung's voice broke, but he managed to fake a smile. "And so he did everything to make you happy and to be with yoy under one roof even just for a night, even though it meant risking his life."

Jisoo's forehead creased upon hearing his last statement. "W-What do you mean?"

"He loves you so much, hyung, to the point that all he thought of was your happiness. Hyung, he loves you too much that he pushed himself out for you."