III

"Didn't Mingyu come back?" Wonwoo asked upon realizing that Mingyu told them several minutes ago that he'll be going out but until now he still hasn't come back.

Junhui and Soonyoung, whose eyes were still so red and swollen, were beside him so both looked around to check if Mingyu was around, but then they see not even a single trace of him.

"He's not around, Won," Junhui said, his brows furrowed. "Did he tell you where he went?"

Wonwoo shook his head. "No. . . he just left after saying he wants to be out."

"He must be so upset," Soonyoung said, sighing.

Wonwoo nodded. "I'll just go find him. You guys stay here, and look after everyone, including Mommy Lee."

"Sure. We'll take care of everything. We'll call you if things happen, and if Mommy Lee might need something," Junhui assured him, and smiled weakly.

Wonwoo headed out, and searched for Mingyu. He tried calling Mingyu the moment he went out, but Wonwoo can't reach him, and not even a single call made it to him.

Wonwoo started walking, his eyes wandering around, looking and thinking of any places that Mingyu might have went to. Then he called Mingyu's mother and after a few rings, she accepted the call.

"Um, hello. . ." Wonwoo said politely.

"Hello, Wonwoo," Mrs. Kim said from the other line. "You called."

"Mm," Wonwoo hummed. "I-I. . . um, was wandering if Mingyu is there with you. He left all of a sudden, and we just wanted to make sure he is alright."

"Oh, yes, dear, he's here. He said he's having a rough day, so he wanted to rest, but I'm pretty sure he's crying inside his room again," she answered, then her voice trailed off. "About Seokmin. . . condolence, Wonwoo. We sincerely send our condolences. We're sorry for your loss."

Wonwoo ducked his head down, and forced a smile. "Please don't be. . ."

"And love, can I ask you something?" She asked so sweetly, and Wonwoo melted at it.

"Sure. . . I might help."

"Mingyu isn't talking to any of us since we lost Seokmin yesterday. So. . . can you come over and check him out? I know he's in need of someone to talk, so if it can't be us. . . maybe it's you," she whispered weakly under her breath, but Wonwoo managed to hear it, and he also heard the sadness in her voice.

Wonwoo sighed, and nodded. "I will. . . I'll be there in a minute."

Then they both exchanged their goodbyes before the call ended. Wonwoo took a cab after, and headed straight to Mingyu's house.

As soon as he made it there, he rang the doorbell, and the door was immediately opened for him. The first thing he saw was Mingyu's sister's small smile.

"Hi," Wonwoo said.

"Hello," she greeted, and widened her small, but there was no happiness in it. "Please step in, Wonwoo."

Wonwoo nodded. Then he got inside, and saw Mr. and Mrs. Kim on the sofa. Mrs. Kim had a very worried expression glued on her face, and Mr. Kim tried consoling her that their son will be just fine and that he'd be able to move on.

"Mom, Dad, Wonwoo's here," Minseo said, grabbing the attention of her parents.

Mrs. Kim's face lit up, and her eyes glowed upon seeing Wonwoo. "Wonwoo," she whispered, and ran to him.

And the light was sucked out from her face when she saw the grief written all over Wonwoo. She saw that his red eyes were still expressive, except it didn't show any gladness nor pleasure that they used to see whenever Wonwoo is meeting them, right now, those eyes showed the aftermath of pain and mourning.