EPILOGUE

EPILOGUE

Jisoo held Seokmin's hand tighter as a knock came on the door. He heaved in a deep sigh. . . thinking of his decision all over again.

"Come in," Jisoo said, then the door was opened, and a people of fifteen came flowing inside.

"W-What is this all about?" Seokmin's mother asked, her eyes were holding back so much tears and Jisoo could clearly see all the effort in it just to keep those from streaming down her face.

Jisoo stared in awe for a moment at her. How strong must she has been to be able to endure all pain?

She has lived all of her life taking care of Seokmin, raising Seokmin. . . then all of a sudden, a damn disease would just slowly and one by one cut the strings of Seokmin's life. . .

Jisoo adored her so much. . . adored her patience, her courage, and her faith in Seokmin that he'll make it.

Then before he knew it, tears started coursing down his cheeks. Jisoo tried to chuckle off the tears, and looked away as he wiped his cheeks dry with his free hand.

"J-Ji. . ." Jeonghan's low voice came, and Jisoo can't unhear the pain in it, and the sympathy as he stared at Jisoo.

"You said you all were ready to let him go," Jisoo whispered, his voice was so fragile that everyone could hear how much he's breaking.

There was a stretch of silence between them, and only the beeps from the machine were making a sound.

The silence was rather excruciating to Jisoo than anything. The silence was slowly killing him. . . for he knows, behind the silence, there are words aching to be told.

Words he want to scream, and cry, and wail. Stop me from letting him go. . . please.

Jisoo closed his eyes, and the tears never stopped. Jisoo wondered how much tears his eyes could still produce after every cry he had made this day.

"J-Jisoo. . . a-are you sure with this?" Wonwoo asked, and by the sound of his voice, Jisoo knows he's on verge of crying too.

Jisoo looked at him, and he didn't miss how Mingyu held his hand, fingers slipped between every finger.

Jisoo ducked his head, and forced a smile. "He wants to be free, Woo," he whispered. "He deserves to."

He looked at them, and saw fifteen pairs of eyes staring back at him with tears filling it, with sadness and pain and disbelief dancing in it.

"Am I left with more choice?" He added, and stretched the corners of his lips.

Seulmi, Seokmin's half little sister, ran to him and hugged him from his side. Jisoo had to let go of Seokmin's hand to hold her tight.

She started sobbing in his chest, then with that, the others started crying too, muffling their sobs as much as they could.

Jisoo hugged Seulmi tight, and rubbed her back. He wanted to shush her, he wanted to cease her from crying, but no word can make it out of his mouth, nothing but just low cries.

"I didn't even get a chance to talk to him. . . to tell him I love him, I didn't even get to know him," Seulmi cried, her tears wetting the fabric he was wearing.

Jisoo moved away from her, and cupped her cheeks. He smiled, seeing Seokmin's eyes and lips in her, despite being Seokmin's half sister, they shared the same features.

"Now, your brother knows you love him," Jisoo said, his voice calm and assuring. "If you want to get to know him, then you can approach any of us, we can tell you what your brother is like. . . and what he really is."