XLI: Quarante et Un

QUARANTE ET UN

Jisoo woke up when he felt a quick vibration from under his forearm. He rubbed the drowsiness away from his eyes, and yawned.

He felt his eyes heavy and swollen. It felt painful every time he blinks. It was like he cried himself a thousand gallons of tears to sleep, which was almost true though.

He sat up straight, and picked his phone up. He saw a message notification popping up. He went to his inbox, and opened the message from Jihoon.

It reads:

Josh, we're having a gig tonight. Want to come? It's alright if you'd rather stay there. The whole gang's going though.

Jisoo sighed. He thought about how much Seokmin loves hearing his voice, how much Seokmin wants him to sing.

He missed singing in front of a crowd, but of course he missed singing for Seokmin. So he typed in his reply which said:

I'll make it this time. Send me the address and the time, I'll be there.

Several seconds later, Jihoon replied with the address and the time he has to be there. Jisoo nodded, then put down his phone on the table beside Seokmin's bed.

Only then he noticed the sticky note he took from Seokmin's room. He read it again, reading the same words over and over again: Please don't be sad, my baby. Instead, just take my phone and rummage through it. I have so much more for you, Jisoo. I love you. ♡

Jisoo smiled as he stood up, and kissed Seokmin's forehead. "You sure love surprises," he whispered before he went to his bag, and pulled Seokmin's phone out of it. Then after, he went back to sit beside Seokmin's bed.

He opened it, and saw the same wallpaper; a photo of him and Seokmin. He smiled, and unlocked the phone.

He rummaged through it as Seokmin said; he went to the messages, seeing their conversation; he went to the gallery and saw all the memories they shared for years they had been together; then he went to the notes where he saw few reminders which most of it were all about the exhibit. . . but he saw one more thing.

His notes archived.

For the exhibit:
✔ Pictures (ofc)
✔ Reservation (should be on our anniversary)
✔ Venue (should not be too far away)
✔ Follow up Minghao about the photographs
✔ Ask Chan to take pictures of Jisoo on d-day
✔ Plan

For the video:
✔ Message
✔ Shoot
⬜ When to show it to him
[!] VIDEO CANCELLED! I don't want to make him cry on our anniversary!!!

❕Oh, God, Seokmin please think! The day's tomorrow and yet you're still indecisive!!!

Jisoo chuckled, imagining Seokmin typing this, and how cute he must have looked like. But then he was curious of what video he was talking about.

He sure will look through his phone and find that video, but he decided to read more of the entries written.

Tomorrow's our anniversary, but I feel so weak. My doctor didn't allow me to go out. What am I to do? I don't want us to spend our day just inside this room. And I don't want to risk my life either.

But damn, I don't want my plans to fail. I want to go out. I want to surprise him and show him everything I have prepared for tomorrow.

I'm seriously getting anxious right now, and I don't feel so right. My hands are shaking, and I can barely feel myself, my limbs, my body.