XXXII: Trente-Deux

TRENTE DEUX

They were silent as they make it outside the hospital. Their heads were down, heavy breaths coming in and out from them.

When they were already outside, they paused. "So where do you want to go?" Seungcheol asked them.

"I don't know," Minghao answered.

"I'm going with you," Jeonghan told Seungcheol. The elder nodded.

"You guys?" Seungcheol asked again, and looked at Jihoon and Soonyoung.

"Anywhere he goes, I'm with him," Soonyoung answered, and tilted his head to Jihoon. Jihoon gazed up at him.

"Hansol?"

"Up for coffee, I guess," Hansol answered.

"Can I go with you? It is so cold," Seungkwan said, and smiled at Hansol.

"Sure."

"Great!" Seungkwan exclaimed. "So I'm out to coffee with him."

"Junhui, Minghao, and Chan?"

"I'll get back home, I'm having a test tomorrow," Chan said.

"Since we can't go to any of you because we'd basically become fourth wheels, maybe I'll justㅡ"

"Let's grab dinner," Junhui said. Minghao who was cut off, looked at him, and nodded.

"We'll go get dinner," Minghao said.

"Okay, now we're set. Bye," Seungcheol said, as he grabbed Jeonghan's hand, and waved at them. "Let's get back at nine."

"Except you, Chan, study," Jeonghan told Chan, to which the younger just nodded.

"Bye!" Seungcheol said, and dragged Jeonghan away from them.

"Will Jisoo be okay there?" Jeonghan asked.

Seungcheol sighed. "I don't know, Han."

No one's talking between the two, but the silence was comfortable though, they just walked, appreciating and enjoying each's company.

Until they came to pass by a house, and at the road, sat a small girl. She was hugging her legs next to her chest, and chin between her knees.

Though it was dark, she is too familiar in the eyes of the two. Jeonghan squinted his eyes, and remembered this is the girl Seokmin's father brought to the hospital. This is Seokmin's sister.

He let go of Seungcheol's hand, and ran to go to her. Seulmi saw a pair of shoes in front hers so she looked up.

"Hi," Jeonghan greeted and smiled.

"A-Are. . . you. . ."

"Yes, I am your brother's friend," Jeonghan answered. Then Seungcheol is now standing beside him. "He too."

Seulmi nodded. "Why are you here?"

"Oh, we took a walk, and saw you so. . . I came to say hi to you," Jeonghan answered, and went down to level their eyes.

Seulmi looked away. "I-Is. . . is my brother awake now?" She asked softly.

"No, he's still sleeping," Jeonghan said. "Do you want to see him?"

She nodded. "Yes. I've always wanted to see him. I want to know him."

Jeonghan took in a deep breath. "Why don't you go to the hospital?"

"I'm afraid that he might be angry with me, and he w-won't like me," she whispered.

"Oh. . . no, sweetie, your brother's a very sweet guy, he wouldn't be angry at you. Maybe, he was just. . . surprised," Jeonghan said, and held her hand. "I'm sorry if you've got to be involved in such a mess, honey."