Chapter 24: Training

Jennifer P.O.V

Stefan is a Rippah. Damon saved us. Klaus compelled Stefan. Compelled him to keep us safe. Stefan has no humanity. I don't know. He is only a Rippah when he has no humanity. I think.

I punched the dummy. Two stakes come out. Elena punched her dummy. Nothing. Alaric walks over to her

"You might want to lift so weights"

"How come Jen's worked?"

"Because I am stronger"

Alaric grabbed something. A vervain grenade. He throws it at me.

"What am I suppose to do with this?"

"Keep it in your backpack"

"Yeah cause a grenade in school is not....oh I don't know...illegal?"

"Just keep it somewhere to keep youself safe"

Elena punches again.

"I am sorry Ric"

"For what?"

"Everything"

"You did nothing wrong"

"Maybe if I stopped Stefan from going into your classroom that night or maybe if I had actually done the sacrifice Jenna would still be alive. You would still have her. Maybe-"

"Jennifer like I said it isn't your fault none of it is. And if you went in the sacrifice there is not a chance Jenna would still be alive. I would have just lost you too. So stop blaming herself for everyone's death"

"But I am responsible for thier deaths-"

"No you are not you want to know who is Klaus,Elijah even-"

"How is it Elijah's fault but not mine?"

"Because Elijah went back on his word"

"Too be fair it was Klaus he lies he twists things around"

"So you can make an excuse for him but not yourself?"

"BECAUSE IT IS MY FAULT EVEN NO EVERYONE AROUND ME DIES. MOM,DAD,JENNA,JOHN. YOU DIED A FEW TIMES. JESUS CHRIST JEREMY DIED BEFORE. MY LITTLE BROTHER HAS DIED BEFORE."

"Jennifer calm down. None of this. None of it is your fault."

"But it is Ric ask anyone and they will say it is"

"I can ask everyone and they will all say the same thing all of people. All those deaths. They aren't your fault Jennifer."

"Then how come I feel like it is?"

"Because you think you need to carry the weight of the world on your shoulders"

"Ric everyone I touch dies"

I turn around punching the dummy straight in the chest. The stakes ejected.

"The only thing I see you killing is that dummy"

Alaric tried to joke. Turned to make me feel better. But all I hear is lies. It is my fault they are all dead. Tyler is sired to Klaus because of me.

"Jennifer none of this is your fault I want you to stop blaming yourself"

"BUT IT IS RIC. TYLER IS SIRED TO KLAUS BECAUSE ME NOR ELENA DIES IN THE SACRIFICE"

"JENNIFER stop screaming it isn't your fault but I know no matter how times I tell you it isn't your fault you are just gonna say that it is"

"Ric I'm-"

"Stop apologize" Ric laughs

I hug Ric

When I hear

"Jennifer I will come back for and none of this is your fault"