Chapter 2

The class begins to mummer with enthusiasm. I turn bright red again and bury my head focusing on my drawings.

     I feel a set of eyes staring at the side of my face. I hear him clear his throat. I like look over and he says, "I really like your drawings. Hi, my name's James."

     I almost want to roll my eyes. I know. 

But instead I say, "Hello, my name's Alison." I stare at his outstretched hand for a moment before shaking it lightly. I get lost in his blue eyes for a long moment his hand still holding mine. What is it with him, why is he so friendly? I drop my hand, blushing a deep red.

      I face the front, coping down the notes. Halfway through the class the teacher assigns us a project that is worth half our grade. I groan. We're to work with our partners to determine our blood type and to write one page essay each about our family DNA history. We should research where we come from based on our results and use our partners for information on that culture.
I blow out a sigh. The teacher gives us the rest of class to start on the project. Chatter fills the classroom.

      I pull out a couple sheets of paper and start writing down supplies. Blood testing kit, map, and my library card. I always go to the library to study, it's my safe haven, I find myself there without even meaning too. It the best option to get away from my family.

     I was pulled out of my thoughts by James. "Are you okay?" He grabs my hand that was resting on the tabletop, trying to get my attention.

      I grimace and pull away. "Yeah, I'm fine. Do you want to get started. How about we meet up after school to do some tests and research?"

     "Sure. Where at?" He looks confused for a moment before smiling.

      "The public library. Do you know where that's at?" I started gathering my stuff before the bell rang.

     "I think I'll manage." He smiles and follows my lead.

His smile is almost like an unanswered secret, on the verge of spilling out. And I found myself on the edge of my seat waiting for the next juicy gossip. I guess he is a better actor than I gave him credit for.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
Sorry for the short chapter.
Vote, comment, like!
ARK