Chapter 11

I lie awake in bed that night thinking. How could I want someone I can't have? Why can't I have him? Was it a mistake? Did he mean it? Was I any good? He can't get me out of his head and I can't get him out of mine... so what's next? Nothing. Lena's right. It can't go on. It... can't.
     I flip over and face the window and hear the rain pounding on the pane. I've always loved the rain, lightning, thunder. It wasn't at all depressing to me, it made me feel happier. I've always wanted to have a kiss in the rain. A dance in the rain.
     Ah! Get that out of your head! It shouldn't be there!
     Okay focus. Go to sleep.
...
...
...
Nope okay. I grab my phone and head to the living room. I turn on the kitchen light and began to pull ingredients out of the fridge. There wasn't much left but I had a couple of eggs, green onions, cheese, and ham. Even some bacon. When I was younger I had a nanny. My parents they hated me but couldn't leave me alone at that age. So they got me nanny. That was all I ever remembered calling her. She taught me how to cook, clean, and do the laundry. I loved her more than I loved my own mom but then she left. I never knew the real reason. Maybe she got fired, or I became too old, but whatever it was I was left on my own.
     I sat on the couch and lifted my legs up. I surveyed the ankle. The pain wasn't as bad now so it must be healing. I'm mad that I still let myself be dragged into so many of those situations yesterday. Hospital and James. Lena's right what if she hadn't been the one to find us?
I finish and wash the dishes, shower, and grab my stuff. I grab my keys and head out the door. I fell back against it when I saw people lined up along the streets again.
What's goin on? I thought it'd wear off by now.
Down the street a car horn was honking. It was James limo. People parted in the crowd to let it through. As I was slightly going tone death, he got out and pulled me back through the open door.
"What?" I asked, pulling my arm from his.
     "You don't even want to talk about yesterday?"
     "No- yes, but we can't for that again, okay. Lena told me it was a bad idea and I agree with her who knows what could happen to your reputation."
     "You think it's a good idea. To stay away from each other?" He pointed between us and stepped a little closer I took a step back.
     "Yes I do."
     "I don't think you do..." he finally closed the last remaining space and I was stuck between him and the wall. This was my second kiss and it was just as consuming as the first. We were fighting for control, my arms wrapped around his neck and tangled in his soft wavy hair. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer, if that was even possible. He was right I didn't want to stop and be friends. Lena was right too, though, I didn't want any extra attention on us.
     I pulled from the kiss. Poking my swollen bottom lip with my index finger. "We better get out there. Before Lena gets here."
     He smiled. "Whatever you say." Then he grabbed my hand. Sure I'd been kissing the guy but holding his hand felt so real so close. Like he was trying to prove something. Make a statement. I blushed as he pulled me through the door. The street went silent. "Hello everyone. I would very much appreciate if you'd stop coming to my friend Alison Webber's place. But I do need a favor. Come to the auditions for my new movie we are still looking for the right people for the part. I would love to see you there!" The cheers erupted from the crowd.
     "We'll be there James!"
     "Always!"
     Then one stood out from the rest. "Will Alison be the leading lady?!"
     He smiled. And dragged me down the rest of the steps swiftly into the limo. Lena was already there with a accusatory face. "What took so long."
     I was going to tell her when he spoke up. "We has to make an announcement. By We I mean the agency. They want you, Alison to play the leading lady. They think it will be the perfect duo opportunity."
     "I can't do that! Why do they want me?"
     Lena spoke up. Holding her phone out with a grin face. Scrolling through pictures of us together outside the hospital. Showing us the screen she said, "For one, they love y'all together. Two it's easier than making a fake connection between two actors."
     "I guess I wasn't the only one to see you two..."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
Uh oh!
Sorry short chapter about to go to class! But hope it's okay. I'll write some more tonight! It's Friday have fun, be safe!

A.R.K