Chapter 15

*At S.A.S.H Headquarters.*
     Sitting at a large circular table, like the kind you'd find in a meeting room, Nathan and James glared at each other.
     James spoke first, "You need to stay away from her."
     "Why do I have to and you can have her whenever you'd like. She likes me as much as she likes you, I'd say even more."
     The man in charge, Agent Conners, walks in, quieting the room. His footsteps echo of the walls as he approaches the chair at the head of the table. Once he there he begins, "Weather or not she likes either of you that is not your mission. You both have been called her to fill me in. So proceed."
     James jumps right in. "Yes Sir. Agent X, also known as mission X, is in full swing. She's hesitant and doesn't give trust easy. She will be hard to recruit."
     "Nathan, your views?"
     "Sir, she's not ready and she won't be. I don't think she's the one, sure she fits the profile but I haven't seen any signs of powers yet."
     "Very well. And what news have you gathered of her parents?"
     They stayed quiet. The thought of neglect flew across their minds. Nathan's dug deeper. He had seen the way she acts around people. Hesitant yes, but more than that, scared. He didn't have any real proof but he thought they could be abusing her. He knew all too well. He shook his head.
     He was the next to speak. "Nothing. They never are around."
     James took over. "The few times I had been to her house, it was empty. Barely any signs that she was even living there. There wasn't any food in the cabinets or cars in the driveway. When I asked she said they were away on business."
     "Hm... Definitely double up on that. As for her, I want one or both of you with her every second of the day. We can't risk her falling into the other sides hands." Before either could speak he said, "Stay over. Or sleep outside, either way nothing can happen to her. Understood?"
     "Yes sir!" They said in unison.
     He began to leave when Nathan said, "Are you sure she's the one?"
     "Yes."
     Nathan hung his head. It wasn't that he was bitter against her it was that he didn't want them to be the one and even though he wouldn't admit it he already cared about her. He just didn't want anything bad to happen to her, like it did him...

————————————————————
     Alison had gotten the call. Her parents would be home any minute. She was rushing around the house cleaning everything, they wanted the house to be spotless.
      She only stopped when she heard the doorbell ring. She faltered and straightened up. She walked to the window and peaked out, blowing a sigh of relief when she saw James but wondered why Nathan was here too.
     She walked to the door an opened it. "What are you guys doing here? Can it wait?"
     I closed the door behind them. What were they doing here. Was it news on the acting job?
     "We need to stay the night. Our hotel is being fumigated." Nathan said casually looking around with a blank stare.
     "I-I you can't." They gave me curious looks. "My parents are coming and they would freak if they knew you were here."
     "Well we'll stay hidden then won't we Nathan."
     "Of course." He gave me a wink.
     Just then I heard the knob twisting. I grabbed their hands and whispered, "Fine but no talking!" I pushed them inside my room and shut the door when I heard the front door swing open.
     I blew a sigh of relief. "Mom. Dad. Good to see you. How was the trip?"
...
     Nathan and James listened at the door. It wasn't as hard to do with the listening device they had strapped to it.
...
     "Fine. What are you going to cook for dinner. We had expected it sooner." My father grumbled.
     "I'm sorry." I bowed my head. "It's in the oven, I'm cooking turkey for dinner tonight."
     "Stupid girl. Turkey is for thanksgiving, too late now. Hurry it up."
     "Yes."
     My mother raised her hand but stopped mid-way. "Very well."
     They hurried to their rooms. I checked the turkey and hurried to mine.
...
     They had heard her coming and cloaked the device. Hurrying to her bed to sit.
...
     She faltered in her steps seeing them so at ease in her room. "Just make yourselves at home why don't ya?"
     "Thanks for letting us stay, we appreciate it. We owe you one." James replied, hitting Nathan in the ribs to keep him from piping up.
     "More like five. By the way James we have class changes tomorrow."
     "So I won't have to be stuck as the totally new kid, boring."
Nathan said as he sighed.
     Me and James both turned to him shocked, but I was the first to speak, "What?!?! You don't go to our school!"
     "I do now. Just transferred. Start tomorrow."
     James had been given a schedule change so he could end up in all of her classes, to keep a close eye on her but he didn't know Nathan had gotten the same thing.
     Nathan showed Alison his transfer papers and she read them over. James questioned him with his eyes, clearly confused. He leaned over and whispered, "Conners insisted."
     Aha handed the paper back. Rolled her eyes and questioned, "Why now?"
    "Moved closed into town for a job." He shrugged, it's true he did, job Agent X.
     "You mean your dad did."
     His smirk faded for a minute. "Yeah right, my dad."
      "Alison!!!!!!" I t was her mother, oh crap. The turkey!
     She ran out of the room. And Nathan and James began to discuss what they needed to do.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
Comment if you liked the plot change, I had fun writing it. This chapter is longer, so I hope it's not too bad.
Lots of love,

A.R.K