Chapter 10

She walked slowly towards me. "What was that?"
     "I... had fell. H-he caught me." I say quietly.
     She surprised me when she squealed. "Finally! I've been shipping y'all since the beginning!"
     "What I thought you liked him!"
     "Of course. But you can clearly see he's into you. Who am I to get in the way of love?"
     "L-love... oh no! It's not like that!" She gave me a look. "Really!"
     "Sure. That's why his arms were around your waist and that's why you weren't shoving them away. You liked it admit it."
     "Did not." I blushed.
     "Ha see! I knew it!" She laughed and poked my arm. "Now get dressed, I'm sure James will love to see you in your new outfit. Oh la la." She winked and left.
     I gasped. I didn't even think he'd see me in it. I quickly change and waste no time pushing the button. And agitated nurse comes in, probably annoyed I hadn't given the call sooner.
     The nurse fastened the back of my robe up and led me out the door to the x-ray room down the hall. I forced myself not to look at James or Lena's faces. Though hers was probably smug.
     The x-rays were going fine and I got back to the room quickly and changed. Careful so that I didn't hurt my ankle, jumped up on the cot and told Lena she could let him in to sit at one of the chair if he wanted. We all waited for the word to go. I checked the clock. It was 7:28!
     I had homework to get done and we could have used this time to take those blood tests. "Guys have you seen how late it is?!"
     "Yeah so?"
     "So, Lena, we're waisting time on this and we have a project due!"
     I hopped down from the cot. Both of them stood up as I walked to the door. I appreciated the help and the diagnosis but I needed to get some work done. I twisted the handle and limped out only to run into Doctor Lisa on my way.
     I grabbed my forehead. "Ow, gosh! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to."
     She didn't have time for words apparently as she grabbed my arm and pulled me back inside the room I was trying to escape from. "Sit down Allison." I sat.
     What was so important?
     "I was looking at your x-rays and now I'm glad I did a full body scan. When I was reviewing them I noticed breaks and fractures from past years on them. Were you abused as a child." She spoke as if it was a fact not a question.
     One I wasn't about to answer. "Of course not, I played a lot of sports as a kid."
     "There is not sport that could cause this kind of damage."
     Everyone's eyes were on me. This. This right here is why I didn't come to hospitals. I didn't want this. "How much is the bill, do I have to pay it all today?" I search in my wallet and stood. "Do I pay at the front?"
     I walked towards the door and opened it. Heading down the hall I turned and faced the desk. "Hi. Check-out. Do I pay here?"
     "Sure can. What's your name sugar?"
     "Allison Weber."
     "That will be $52.50."
      If I had any drink in my mouth this lady would be soaked. That's about as much as I had in may wallet. This was a months worth of pay! I handed it over reluctantly and grabbed the $7 change. I had enough to grab a cab so if I hurried I could escape them. "Thank you, have a nice day."
     I hobbled out of there and jumped in the elevator. I road down to the entrance, exited, and was about to flag down a taxi when I felt a hand wrap around my arm. "Oh no, your coming with me." But this time it wasn't Lena. It was James.
————————————————————
     When he finally stopped Lena was no where to be found. I gulped. "What is it?" I said throwing my arm out of his firm grasp.
     "You were abused as a child?" He looks furious, but not at me.
     "I already told you and the doctor no." I crossed my arms. "It was sports."
     "I don't believe you."
     "No one asked you to."
      When I began to walk away he sighed. As if giving up some kind of restraint. He pushed me against the concrete wall outside. I gasped as his arms encased me against it, on either side of my head. "Wha-"
     "What are you doing to me! I can't stop thinking about you, your like stuck in my head 24/7. When I'm around you I feel like I'm suffocating. You won't open up to me and I can tell something is wrong. No food in the cabinets, no family photos, and now x-rays of abuse! Let me in, I'm already trapped."
     I was not expecting this. Or what was going to happen next. He kissed me. I have never been kissed before and had never expected anything quite like this. It was all consuming. His hands fell from the side of my head to tilt my face up. I felt like I was doing it wrong but it felt beautiful. I felt beautiful. His calloused hands slid down my arms and lifted them up around his neck. I followed his instructions and I didn't bother me one bit of his obvious spot in this field: experienced. Again, I wasn't complaining.
     Before it could go any farther Lena showed up and I didn't know weather to be thankful or angry. That was new and I could still feel the dizzying in my brain and the ringing in my ears.
     She pulled me away and down the walking path. I looked back and he was leaning against the wall breathing heavily staring right back.
       When the ringing cleared I could hear what was being said. "Are you two crazy! In public like this! Who know who could have seen that. I definitely know that if that got out y'all would never be left alone!"
      Right before she threw me around the corner I could see him drive his hand through his hair and follow at a considerable distance.
     When we got to the car Lena and I got into the backseat and she made him get into the front passenger seat and closed up the limo window on the inside.
     She faced me with a pale face. "Allie. What... That was your first kiss. I must admit you started off strong but with him! I know I said go for it but I didn't think you'd actually do it! He's the kind that breaks your heart because someone new comes along. And while he may be hot, looks aren't everything."
     I cut her from my thoughts. I've always done for others and I don't remember a single moment in my life I ever thought about myself. What if I didn't want to give him up. I don't even have him.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
Vote comment and like.
Question: How's your day going, good/bad?

A.R.K