Chapter 7

The next day I woke up I showered and woke Lena up, who had slept over, and left her to do the same. I went to the kitchen to cook us some breakfast, sending James a quick text, he'd left the evening before. We had decided to exchange numbers between the us so we could get in touch for our project. Lena got his because she said she'd probably we working with us a lot, but really she just wanted to use that as an excuse to flirt with him.

Allison247: Hey, what's up? Are you up yet?

James576: How could I not be with the news going around, jeez, I'm sorry.

Allison247: What news? Sorry about what?

James576: You haven't seen it?

Lena came bursting out of my room waving her phone. I rolled my eyes. "What's up Lena?"

"You haven't seen it!?" She almost yelled.

"Seen what? What are you and James going on about?" I splayed my hands to show my exasperation.

"You've talked to James?"

"Yes. I was just texting him."

James576: I'll see you in a few minutes, stay in your place."

"Why is he telling me to stay in here?" My brows furrowed in confusion.

Lena ran to the window sill, moving the blinds to stare out. A squeal came from her, causing me to run over too.

I couldn't believe my eyes, people were lined up for miles outside my place, camera flashes, signs, and screaming people all gathered around the house. I throw the blinds and curtains back into place, freaking out. What if my parents see this?!

"What's going on?" I wondered aloud, bewildered.

Lena sits down on the couch below the window pulling out her phone, she feverishly taps the screen, stopping on a new article. She turns the phone towards me. "This is what's going on."

I sit next to her and take the phone, and I saw the picture of me and James at the coffee shop together, after he had caught me. There was a caption underneath that read: 'Purple haired beauty captures the heart of  the James Holland, who is this mystery girl? Find out in this article.'

"Oh my. How'd this happen."

"What do you mean how'd it happen, you were there, sending puppy eyes at him. 'Thanks for catching me.' Though I have to give you credit for that one, being klutzy has never been more in your favor." She took back her phone. "Now I have a famous friend. Well two if I count you too."

"You know I was your friend before you met James right?"

"Sure, whatever you say."

We heard a car pull up into the driveway as people complained about having to move out of the way. Lena peeked out gasping. "That's James's car!" She said grabbing her shoes and rushing to the door.

"What?" I did the same, following her to the door. Picking up my bag too.

Once the people outside saw who was in the car screams and shouts erupted, carrying through the streets. James stepped out of the back seat after a very scary man, who I guessed was his bodyguard. He pushed people back to let James get through to my door. He smiled and waved at his many admirers as he walked. Though behind the smile, I could see how frustrated he looked, I wanted to give him a hug. I mentally slapped myself, he wouldn't want a hug from me anyways. Lena opened the door to let him in. Shutting it quickly Before some crazy fan could run in.

He came in, apologizing even before we got the door shut. "I'm sorry you two got caught up in this."

"What do you mean, the picture?" He nodded. I touched his arm to grab his attention, earning a curious look from him, I dropped my hand. "It wasn't your fault, I suggested we get the coffee, I had been klutzy. It doesn't matter, this will die down, I hope." I glanced at the clock. "Oh crap!" I ran towards my room, stumbling when my ankle protested in pain. James who was following quickly reached out and grabbed my arm, pulling me back up.

"What's wrong with your ankle?" He gestured to my ankle, which I rubbed furiously.

"Nothing, I think I twisted it yesterday. But let's hurry before we're late to school."

"Let me have a look." He said, bending down, waiting for my consent.

I sighed and shifted my foot forward. He moved the low cut sock down to look at the ankle. His finger prodded at the swollen skin. I hissed.

"You should get this checked out. I'll take you to the doctors. Come on." He sat my foot down and grabbed my hand.

A shiver ran down my spine at the contact. But I protested, "I can't go to the doctors, I have school. It's not a big deal anyways, it just needs some ice."

Lena stepped in before an argument could break out. "How about we go after school?"

Doctor visits cost money, money I needed to use to buy food. "We'll see." I glanced again at the clock. "Let's go before we miss first block!" Lena grabs her bag from my room and grabs the door for us.

We step outside into the madness that is my driveway. Screams and cries of adoration surround us as we make our way to the car. Here goes nothing.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
Tell me what you think!
Vote, comment, and like.
ARK