e i g h t e e n

— ARIA —

After the hectic night full of needy boy issues, we found a special place in Yorkshire where we'd be able to complete goal fourteen before we returned back to London tomorrow morning - Mikey admittedly woke up so confused as to why he was in the bedroom alone in the morning but when he walked into the living room and spotted Andy and Rye cuddling as they slept, he admitted that he knew that it would happen eventually and after we'd achieved this goal, he would swap bedrooms with Andy.

[[ Go on a hot air-balloon ride ]]

We were riding with a man called Darren (I had to add him in somewhere) and he'd been looking after people riding hot air-balloons for fifteen years so we were going to be safer than safe; that was reassuring to Andy who was actually terrified of what we were about to do, but was doing a good job of hiding it.

・:**・:*・:**・:*・:**・:*・:**・:*・:**・:*

!¡ If you don't know what a hot air-balloon ride is, where have you been? I'll be very surprised if you don't know what one is, but just for reference it's a big massive balloon that carries you up into the air in a basket and it goes along a certain route to show you certain places form the sky and then it brings you back to the point where you started. Never personally flown in one but it seems like something I'd want to do in the future !¡

 Never personally flown in one but it seems like something I'd want to do in the future !¡

・:**・:*・:**・:*・:**・:*・:**・:*・:**・:*

Darren helped the boys into the basket before Jack lifted me into it as well and Darren kept us on the ground for about twenty minutes as he read us some rules; while we were moving into the air, we weren't allowed to move too much as that would potentially steer the balloon in the wrong direction and put us off our course but when we were in the air we were allowed to move around but at a slow pace; we could NOT hang over the edge because it was a safety risk in general and if in case of wind emergencies and emergency landings, we needed to know how to get back to the place where Rye had parked his car just in case we needed to land somewhere away from our selected landing site - in all honestly, we had no idea but we pretended that we did.

It was really frightening getting into the air at first because I could feel the heat from the flame on the top of my head and throughout the whole lift off process and as the balloon kept rocking with the wind, I kept thinking the worst. I could tell Andy was too because he was clinging onto Rye like a scared puppy on his first walk and even after we were in the air and I was okay, Andy never let go of Rye - but I don't think he minded.

Standing watching the world go by with Mikey and Brook, I realised just how much of the world we missed seeing while living in London. There was so much world out there that we hadn't seen, and may never see, and it was crazy to think that in these parts of the world there were people that didn't even know we existed.