n i n e t e e n

ARIA

As the sun glared though the slits in my blinds, I carefully rolled onto my side and couldn't help but admire Jack as he slept- I noticed how his features were much softer in sleep, the lines that usually creased his brow replaced by the youthful appearance that matched those of others his age. He looked peaceful, and after the stress I knew he'd been feeling the past few weeks, it was good to know he was getting a little bit of respite in his sleep, even if only a little. Wanting nothing more than to curl up into the curve of his body, I turned back over and thought about pulling the blanket up over my shoulder, but I knew if I did that I would probably fall asleep again and I needed to get up and plan what was happening today.

I slid myself out of bed, trying to avoid the factor that there were sleeping boys littered around my bedroom - it was a task in itself trying to get myself to my door, nearly standing on Andy's head and tripping over Mikey's legs all within the space of a minute. When I eventually managed to get myself safe into the corridor, I scanned my eyes one last time across the room and noticed that Brooklyn was the only one missing and I assumed he was downstairs with my parents, hopefully having them help out in planning today's goal, which was goal fifteen.

[[ Go to an abandoned place ]]

This was by far Rye's favourite goal.

Making my way down the stairs, I could hear the soft voices of what appeared to be my my mum and Brooklyn downstairs and entered the kitchen to find them sat at the kitchen table together, gathered around my laptop.

"And she awakens," Brooklyn announced as I walked through the door. "Come and help me with this my angel, it's making no sense to me and it's making me feel really dim"

"Call me 'my angel' again and you won't even be coming with us" I chuckled, but took the seat at the table beside him regardless. I took a look at what he was reading.

He was reading up on what we wanted to go and see today. Camelot Theme Park; which was situated near Manchester. It used to be quite a popular theme park but it closed down in 2012 due to visitor numbers dropping drastically (this is all actually very true). The page he'd opened had a news article open on it and it was from a few months back when some stupid kids got themselves stuck above the 30ft castle entrance after climbing up too high and the fire brigade had to come to rescue them. It read that security in the town who used to work at the park during business hours had put up fences around the park to stop people from entering.

・:**・:*・:**・:*・:**・:*・:**・:*・:**・:*

!¡ So, a lot of you have probably never heard of Camelot before? It used to be a theme park near where I live (about 40 minutes away in a car, but I never went, it's sad) which was forced to close down in 2012 due to visitor numbers dropping. It still stands where it used to be now? But it's completely abandoned and nobody works there anymore, but the picture below is some of what's still there. If you're into the kind of stuff, it might be worth YouTubing it and looking at people exploring it, because I know it has been done before which inspired this chapter ¡!

 If you're into the kind of stuff, it might be worth YouTubing it and looking at people exploring it, because I know it has been done before which inspired this chapter ¡!