Chapter 50 - Bonus Chapter

"We'll have more in this story, after the weather." The newsreader declared, smiling fakely at the camera. I wanted to reach through the screen and slap her. Instead, I leaned back on the sofa, tightening the grasp around my fluffy blanket that was wrapped around my body. Next to me, Rufus began snoring loudly. I wish I was a dog. A much simpler life, I bet. Eat, sleep, play a little, eat, sleep...

"Now, back to today's top stories." I focused myself back on the TV, with the newsreader getting ready to read out the latest announcements. The screen behind her flashed to the scene of this morning. I felt like I was going to burst into tears for the 100000th time today. It showed police cars and ambulances swarming Union Square, with only one body on the floor.

Blaze Boy.

"The morning rush of San Francisco was disrupted earlier today, with another superhero attack - but this time it was stopped. Witnesses at the scene claim three teenage heroes were saving the city from the supervillain ElectroNite, but when the services arrived at the scene, one was unfortunately found dead." As the newsreader spoke, tears started rolling down my cheek again. I continued watching, as Quicksilver popped up on the scene, looking distressed like me.

"We know one of the teen heroes as Quicksilver, and the police are checking local CCTV to identify who the other heroic individual was. The plot of ElectroNite is also being investigated. But for now, this city is in both shock and mourning. Blaze Boy has been identified as Evan Peterson, who lived in downtown San Francisco. He was home schooled, and attended church and other charitable events regularly. Tonight, there will be a parade held in his remembrance."

A photo of Evan popped up on the screen, smirking at the camera, his freckles dotted over his cheeks, his hazel eyes glowing in the flash of the camera.

Gone.

I started sobbing again, folding the blanket over my face and collapsing on the sofa. Although I was cocooned in this blanket, I felt like I was freezing. I felt like it should've been me that died, not Evan. For the past few hours, I've been thinking about death a lot. I've imagined death so much it now feels like a memory. 

The worst part about it?

He loved me all this time, but I just attacked him verbally, pushing him back. Now I'll never get him back. I'll never be able to say sorry.

The second worst part about it?

Apart from my trusty Rufus, I couldn't tell anyone. I was alone in all this. I had to mourn by myself, and continue with life.

Knock! Knock!

Jumping out of my blanket cocoon, I stood up, wiping my eyes, and padded to the front door. I turned the key and unlocked it. Nobody was there.

Knock! Knock!

I then realised someone was knocking on a window. My window. I quickly jogged down the hallway and opened the door to my room, finding Quicksilver crouched on my windowsill, with messy hair and puffy eyes. I leaped over a pile of clothes and unlatched the window, pushing it up.

"Hey. I came to give you these, for fighting so well today." Quicksilver murmured, revealing a large bouquet of wildflowers from behind his back. I smiled and accepted them, wiping my eyes as another droplet of H20 cascaded from my tear duct. As I laid the bouquet on my desk, Quicksilver lowered himself into my room.

"I-I don't know what to do..." I began, turning back to him. Before I knew it, I rushed to Quicksilver and threw my arms around him, burying my face in his silver jacket.

"It'll get better, Aqua Girl. I promise." Quicksilver whispered, hugging me back.

It'll get better.

It'll get better.

A/N: hello everyone! One of a few bonus chapters! These are basically shorter chapters, that will lead to the sequel! Hope you enjoyed it!