Chapter 8

(Rydel's POV)

"Mommy!" I hear a little girl cry.

'Who is that?' I think to myself as I hear the little girl wail more.

I jump up off of the couch and run to my room, realizing it's my daughter crying for me.

I hear my brothers waking up and going after me.

'Ross, please don't let them see.' I pray.

I get there and see her curled up into a ball.

"Oh Riley." I pick her up and hold her in my arms.

"It's okay, it was only a dream. I'm here, everything is okay. Mommy's here, it's okay." I rock her back to a calm sleep.

(Ross' POV)

THUMP!

A loud sound scares me awake. I open my eyes just in time to see Rydel run off to Riley who's crying. Oh no.

I get up and my now awake brothers and I help Ratliff up from the ground. Once he regained his breath we run for Rydel's old room.

'You've gotta distract them!' My mind instructs.

I jump in front of them and stop them all.

"What Ross?!" Riker asks, annoyed.

"I...really wanted to tell you guys something important." I improvise.

"Right now?! Get out of the way Ross!" Rocky grumpily pushes passed me along with the others.

'Oh god, please let that be enough.' I plead, running after them.

"-it's okay." Is all we have time to hear and I silently thank the heaven above.

'Why?! Why does it have to be this hard? Can't she just tell them an get it over with?' I complain to myself.

"Hey, what's wrong with Riley?" Ratliff sits next to Rydel and Riley.

'They are so cute.' I comment silently.

"She had a bad dream." Rydel doesn't look up from rocking Riley.

"Poor girl, at least it's just once. Man I hate nightmares."

"Well she really had those since...basically her whole life so far."

"Next time she has a bad dream fight her dreams for her. My mom went inside the closet because of a monster in my closet and she came out after a while and said she defeated him. Since then she always went and "fought" the monster and won it." Ratliff smiles at her.

"It could work."

After that everyone went back to bed but I never saw Ratliff or Rydel come back so I got up and went to go see where they were. I get to her room and see an adorable sight.

Rydel fell asleep on Ratliff's shoulder while she was holding Riley. Ratliff is still awake but motions for me to be quiet.

"I was just wondering where you guys were." I whisper.

"She fell asleep on me so I think I'm just gonna stay here." He whispers back.

"You still love her, don't you?" I speak up after a while.

"...yeah." He responds, looking up from the two girls next to him.

"Goodnight lover boy." I chuckle and leave.

'She really needs to tell him. They'd be a cute family.' I think going back to bed.