Chapter 17

Alright guys I'm back for another chapter and this one, I'm afraid, is probably short because it was just supposed to be a cute little chapter...that and I'm just getting back into writing again (writers block took forever to clear up) so yeah I'm just gonna go so read the cute little chapter :3
_______________________________

(Ratliff's POV)

She gets into the backseat and just sits there like..well, like we're gonna go see Rydel like any normal everyday thing.

"So Riley where are we going?" I try and start a normal conversation,

"Oh, do you know Sparrow Park?" She tilts her head to the side while looking at me with big doe eyes like Rydel's.

"Yeah, do you think she's there?" She smiles and nods.

"She's almost always there with me, especially if she's having a bad day. If she is having a bad day though she's on the east park bench..I think, They're just teaching us about the whole maping thing. " Riley explains, laughing.

"You're such a smarty pants." I comment with a grin on my face and she giggles in response.

"Why thank you." She speaks dramatically in a British accent.

"Off to Sparrow Park then?" I start the car and changed the radio station to one that Riley liked.

Once we got there, we walked towards the spot Riley talked about and there she was, sitting by herself, in the same position I'm was a little while ago. It hurt me to see her like this.

"Hey Riley?" She tilted her head up towards me.

"Go comfort her first, I think she'd like that." She nods and goes to sit next to her mom while I slowly walk closer.

"Hi momma." She hugs Rydel.

"Hey baby girl." Rydel brightens up.

"Are you okay?" Riley questions.

"I'm feeling better, thank you." Riley nods in response.

"So how'd you know I was here?" Rydel looks down at our daughter.

"The question is how would I not know?" Riley giggles and Rydel joins in.

I see Riley glance over at me quickly and excuses herself to go play. I take a deep breath and go to sit next to her.

"Hey." Is all I can manage at the moment.

"Hi." She looks down.

"Are you mad?" She suddenly asks after minutes of silence.I think for a couple of minutes.

I answer her without looking away from Riley, who was playing on the monkey bars. "No."

"Really?" I can hear the happiness and hint of surprise in her voice.

"Yeah, I was at first..well more surprised than mad but then I put myself in your shoes and I realized that you were just scared. I would've done it too." I explain.

When I finally turn to look at her she is already looking back with a barely noticeable smile on her face. I see her lip slightly quiver and I catch a glimpse of a tear that had fallen before Rydel quickly wiped it off.

"Come here." I open my arms for her and she gladly return it. She hid her face into my chest as I whisper sweet nothings to her, trying to calm her down.

"Thank you." She says after some time.

"What for?" I confusedly ask.

"For not being too upset. I'm sorry, I didn't want to tell you that way." I chuckle as she rambles on. She stops as soon as I kiss her.

"Y'know you talk a lot?" She laughs along with me.

We sit there for a while watching our daughter play.

(Rydel's POV)

I'm watching Riley when I hear quiet humming come from next to me. When I look up he softly sings a part of a familiar song.

'And you say you're scared
That I won't be there
Baby, I swear
I'm not going anywhere

You can change your hair
Five times a week
You can change your name
Get a little bit crazy
You can dance in the rain
Rockin' secondhand chic
But I live for the day
That I'm calling you baby

'Cause I'm falling for you
For everything that you do
Baby, I'm falling for you
You might be crazy
But baby,
I'm falling for you'

He looks down at me with his adorable contagious smile and I can't help but smile back.

"Ready to go home?" I nod. He offers his hand to help me up and I take it gladly.

I call Riley back and as she does, Ell intertwined our hands.

"Ready kiddo?" Riley smiles and leads the way to the car as we trail behind.

~*~*~

"Found her." Ell calls out as soon as we get into the house.

Everyone rushes to the living room to greet me back with hugs and nothing but "are you okay?"and "we were so worried."

I spot Riker next and I convince myself not to cringe at the thought of how he might act. He comes up to me and I brace myself for what comes but it never does, he just hugs me tightly.

"Please don't leave like that again." I can barely hear muffled out from Riker.

"I won't."

~*~*~

After the hugs were done, it was dinner time.

"Riley can you please do your homework after dinner?" I ask while finishing up.

"Yes momma." Riley nods and happily asks Rocky and Ross to help her which they agree on.

I get up along with Ratliff to clean up the dishes while he dries them and puts them away.

Riley heads out the door with my brothers and Riker stops by the sink. "Once you guys are done, could I talk to both of you?" We silently nod and he walks off.

To lighten the mood I grab a handful of bubbles and turn towards Ellington.

"What are you doing with that?" He grins, eying me suspiciously.

"Oh nothing..but this." I blow the bubble all over his shirt and he laughs.

"Oh you're gonna pay for that."

He tickles me and I attempt to grab another handful of bubbles but only succeed in getting some. I smear what I have of the bubble on his face.

"You think this is funny?" He questions as I die of laughter.

"Well then, come here." He hold me by the waist as I struggle to get away, still laughing.

"What? I just want a kiss." He devilishly grins. I can't get away and let him kiss me, transferring bubbles to my face as well, causing both of us to laugh until we can't breath.

"Do you think we're in trouble?" I grin as he rests his forehead on mine.

"Oh yeah." He smiles down at me and quickly pecks me on the lips before reluctantly letting go to finish putting away the last of the dishes.

"Let's go see what he wants." Ratliff holds out his hand and I take a hold of it.

_______________________________
Totally fluffy and cute :3

So I was thinking that maybe, if you guys wanted to do it, we could do a Q&A type thing where (maybe here or Tumblr or twitter or something) you guys can ask me what you wanna know whether it's about my life or the story and I can answer the questions you guys have for me (to an extent).

But only if you guys want.

Let me know in the comments on what you think about this chapter and about the Q&A.

Kay Kay, love you guys!

xoxo