Chapter 20

A/N: sorry I haven't updated I was trying to figure out what to do for this chapter but this morning while I was um.."laying down in the nurses office" (I fell asleep) I figured out what to do.
So enjoy thy chapter. (I'm eating gummy worms while having a fever so)
______________________________

(Ratliff's POV)
I completely froze. We messed up badly..

"R-Riley, um let me explain please." Rydel walks toward Riley and attempts to fix something unfixable.

"No, just stay away from me." Riley takes a step back.

"Hon-" Rydel tries to get closer as Riley cuts her off.

"Get away from me, I can't believe you knew who my dad was and didn't tell me!" Riley shouts at her mom.

"Riley, please don't talk to your mother like that." I step in.

"You. Did you know this whole time too?!" She points her finger at me.

"He found out yesterday." Rydel speaks up while Riley's face turns red.

"You didn't tell him until 7 years later?" She faces Rydel with her fists balled up tightly.

"Riley. Stop." I try and take a step toward her, only to have her move back again.

"Why didn't you guys let me know." She looks at us with watery eyes.

"We were trying to figure out a way to tell you.." I tell her.

"Well thanks a lot, what a wonderful way." She let's the tears fall as she runs out of the room.

Rydel couldn't speak at that moment. I walk over to her and bring her into a hug as she collapses into my arms.

"She hates me." Rydel gets out between sobs.

"No she doesn't, just give her some time." I comfort her until her sobs turn into quiet sniffles.

I lift her chin up so she's looking at me, "whatever happens, I'm here with you and we are going to fix this together." She composes herself some more and leans her head onto my shoulder.

(Riker's POV)

"Go tell them." Rocky nudges me towards the building.

"Fine! Fine, I'm going." I pull my hands up in surrender.

Walking through the halls, I stop when I find a poster I hadn't seen before.

"That's weird, I've been through this hall like a thousand times this week but I've never seen this.." I say to myself before I get pushed sideways.

"I'm so sorry sir." I hear Riley say as I regain my balance.

"It's okay Riley, what's the rush?" She looks up, surprised.

"Oh Riker, it's you. I'm sorry I didn't see you there."

"Are you okay? You look like somethings bugging you." I ask, concerned.

"I don't really wanna talk about it." She avoids my eyes.

"Riley?" Rydels voice comes throughout the halls.

"I think your mom is looking for you." Riley suddenly perks up with anger in her eyes.

"Can we go somewhere?" She looks at me with pleading eyes.

"Shouldn't you answer to your mom first?"

"No, I'll explain later but right now just please let's go somewhere." She almost begs.

"Alright, where do you want to go?" I question.

"Anywhere but here."

"Let's go then." I gesture my head to the door.