Chapter 9

(Rydel's POV)

I cuddle into the warmth next to me and the warmth engulfs me in a hug.

Wait...

I open my eyes and see that Ell is that warmth that I love.

I want to go back to sleep but I've gotta take Riley to school and get to work so I sit up.

"Riley, baby girl, go and ask my mom to get you breakfast please. I'll be right there, okay?" She gets out of bed, yawns, and nods before leaving out the door.

"Ell, get up. We gotta get to work." I nudge him. He doesn't budge. I nudge him a couple of times before I finally give up and push him off the bed.

"Why do you keep doing that?!" He asks, regaining his breath.

"What happened?! Is everyone okay?!" My doofus brothers run into the room.

"Yeah, she just keeps making me fall!" Ratliff rubs his head. My brothers stand there for a minute before busting out laughing.

"Haha, yea very funny." He mocks, getting up and walking out.

"Well I got everyone up all at once." I giggle.

After getting myself as ready as I can, I go to the kitchen where mom and Riley are.

"Hey Rydel." Mom comments.

"Hi mommy." Riley quietly whispers because the boys are already up.

"Hey mom, hey sweetie." I kiss Riley's head and hug my mom.

"Are you ready for school?" I ask.

"No, I don't have cute clothes to wear!" She whines.

"I already got you covered, Rose is bringing your favorite outfit to school and you can change there but in order to do that, we've got to get going. Head to the bathroom and I'll meet you there." She smiles and runs off to the bathroom. I see that she left her plate on the table so I clean up quickly.

Before I leave I hear my mom chuckle and mutter "just like you and him."

"Alright girly, what style today?" I question and she puts on her thinking face.

"Oh! Do the flower pin thingy!" She bounces in her seat. I know exactly which one she is talking about.

I brush out her wavy hair and grab two largish pieces of hair in the front and cross the in the back. Then I secure them with a small rubber band (knowing that it wouldn't stay with just the flower clip). I grab the pink flower clip I have in my bag and clip it to the rubber band.

She smiles, satisfied with her look. I pull out a mini toothbrush out of my purse make sure she brushes her teeth.

"Are we ready in here?" Ross pops his head into the door way.

"Yep." I say, popping the 'p'.

"Alright, let's move out." He reenacts a spy move, making Riley laugh hard.

"C'mon pretty girl." He smiles taking her hand.

'Im so glad he knows, god knows what I'd do without the help of my little bro.' I sigh and make sure I've got everything before heading to the car.

We get to school a lot faster than I thought we would. With 20 minutes to spare I take the clothes from Rose and help Riley into her white lace summer dress and pink cardigan with some white sandals (the ones with the ankle backing) with pink jewels. I also make sure her hair wasn't messed up.

I quickly change into a white shirt with a black vest and some light washed jeans that were ripped at the knees. I slip on my converse and apply some eyeliner, mascara, and light pink lip gloss.