Home Sweet Home Indeed

Hey guys
This book has moved the ranking to #708
I hope you guys aren't tired of me thanking you because I will continue for all the love you guys are showing me.
So, thank you guys once more for reading, voting and commenting on this book I really do appreciate it and I wanna appeal to you guys to continue doing so.

I'm dedicating this Chapter to -Razzle-. Thanks for what you did and what you are doing now. I really appreciate it.

Chapter 13

Growing up for Edwin wasn't as rosy as it was meant to be. Born into a family where both parents were too busy to take care or give him the attention he needed because they were too busy with their work.

Mr. Samuel James is a politician. He is currently the Senate President of Nigeria which usually comes with a lot of responsibilities on his part. He traves a lot on business or national trips to different countries and when he wasn't on a business trip, he was busy working on one contract or the other. Anytime he was opportune to take a break from work, he never spends time with young Edwin, instead, he would send him to his Nanny or his friend's children to play.

Mrs. Sandra James on the other hand, is a world renowned fashion designer. Her fashion label "Elegance" is one of the biggest fashion labels in Africa. Being the sole owner of the company, she usually travel a lot to other countries to promote and sell her wears.

Although, young Edwin never lacked any material possession while growing up as his parents always provided all the material things he needed. He went to the best school, had an endless stack of clothes, had different brands of shoes and every material possession you could ever think of. But with all of that, young  Edwin was singlehandedly taken care of by his nanny, Aunt Mary. His parents were around and he barely knew them. He grew up to hate and despise his parents as they both neglected him when he was a child and he now took Aunt Mary as both his father and mother as she was the only one that showed him love when he was young. So he seeing his mother standing in front of him for the first time in a very long time, brought back the bad memories he had of her.

Edwin: I said what are you doing here? (Shouting angrily).

Mrs. James: Calm down Edwin. I'm here to see you and also for us to talk.

Edwin: We have nothing to talk about so just leave me alone.

Mrs. James: Listen my son, I know...

Edwin: Don't ever call me your son (Shouting angrily).

Mrs. James: I know you must be hurting, I know you must be angry to see me here but I'm here to make things right. I'm here so that...

Edwin: (laughs sarcastically) Make things right? Really? After all these years? You think now is the right time to make things right?