Turning For Good

Hey guys
I wanna thank Lhorla  for the amazing cover she made for me. I really do appreciate the time and effort you put into it. So, I'm dedicating this Chapter to you.

Chapter 18

* Earlier that day at the Williams's residence *

Susan: Dad, let me understand you well. You mean a man we've never met, walked into this house and told you that you have been appointed as the personal assistant to the Senate President of Nigeria? I mean THE SENATE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA!? (Looking shocked).

Mr. Williams: Yes, that's pretty much what he said.

Theresa: But dad, how are we sure this isn't a prank? We're  talking about the Senate President not just an ordinary Citizen.

Mr. Williams: Believe me, I know. I'm also as shocked as you all are.

Mrs. Williams: And is the appointment letter authentic? Do you know if it is?

Mr. Williams: It seems so. I don't think anyone is capable of forging this kind of letter.

Mrs. Williams: You can't be too sure, Leonard, this world is filled with evil people who are capable of anything.

Susan: Let me take a look at the letter, Dad.

Mr. Williams: Here it is (gives her the letter).

Susan: (scans through it) Well, from the look of it, I think it isn't fake.

Mrs. Williams: Are you sure, Susan? People can easily forge stuffs like that.

Susan: I'm not 100% sure but it seems more real than fake.

Theresa: Hmm... So Dad, what are you gonna do? Are you gonna take the job?

Mr. Williams: Well... It...doesn't look like a bad idea if I did. I...

Mrs. Williams: No, Leonard, don't accept the job. We still haven't found out how this offer came about and I'm not comfortable with the whole thing.

Susan: Well, Mum is right. We still don't know how this offer came about and until we know the source of it, I think Dad shouldn't take the offer.

Mr. Williams: Well... You both are right but I forgot to mention the second thing he told me.

Susan, Theresa & Mrs. Williams: Which is?

Mr. Williams: He said the Senate President is inviting me and my entire family to their Christmas party.

Susan, Theresa & Mrs. Williams: Huh? Christmas party?

Mr. Williams: Yes. It will hold on the 25th of this month, which is Christmas day.

Theresa: So, are we gonna attend? (Smiling while rubbing her palms).

Mr. Williams: Of course, we have to. If not for anything, at least to know the authenticity of this offer.

Mrs. Williams: I don't like this one bit. How are we sure this isn't another prank?

Mr. Williams: The man gave me an invitation card, and I know for a certain that this particular one is real (gives them the card).

Mrs. Williams: Oh my God, it's real (looking shocked).