The Christmas Party

I'm dedicating this chapter to WeirderMum
Congrats on your book 'Yellow Tales Of A Nigerian Housemaid' bagging a wattpad feature.

Very Important Author's Note at the end of this chapter 👇👇👇

Chapter 20

It's finally Christmas day. Houses were adorning Christmas trees which were well decorated, you would be greeted 'Merry Christmas' any where you turned to, Christmas songs blared on different corners of every streets, street light on roads were well decorated with Christmas lights that lit up everywhere. The Christmas spirit was definitely present in Lagos, Nigeria.

In the James' residence, Edwin and his Father were already dressed up in a lovely black suit with Edwin spotting a blue bowtie while his Father had a red bowtie. All that remained was Mrs. James, who was taking quite a while to dress up.

"Hmm, looking good, Son. And handsome to add to that," Mr. James said, walking down the staircase towards the living room where Edwin was.

"Thanks, Dad. You're not looking bad yourself, you know. If people that doesn't know us, see both of us together, they will think you are my elder brother." Edwin smirked.

"Oh really, I never knew I was still looking that young." Mr. James said, a huge smile beaming on his face.

"Oh yes, Dad, you do. You're even more handsome and muscular than me. No wonder Mom didn't hesitate to marry you." Edwin smirked once more.

Mr. James laughed out loud saying, "Don't try to flatter me, Edwin. We both know that's not true."

"You should know I can't lie to you, Dad. So, where is Mom? You were both suppose to come down together," Edwin asked, staring at the stairs to see if his mother was coming down.

"You know your mother, it takes her 6 hours to get dress." Mr. James stated.

"I heard that! Samuel!" Mrs. James screamed from the room.

"Uh-Oh, I'm scared. Before the room, she told me she was just applying the finishing touches," Mr. James said, finally taking a sit on the sofa.

"Argh! We're gonna be late. We can't be late for our party. Mum! Aren't you done yet!?" Edwin screamed.

"I'm almost done, honey. Just give me a minute," Mrs. James screamed back.

"A minute is what we don't have," Edwin murmured, but it was still audible to his Father.

"Calm down, Edwin. She'll soon be done," Mr. James said.

"I'm here!" Mrs. James said, walking down the stairs gracefully. She wore a sky blue ball gown and matched it with a blue hat, red purse and blue heels. "So, how do I look?"

"Wow! Mom, you look beautiful," Edwin said, looking at her from head to toe.

"Is it possible to remarry this beauty Queen? I think I'm in love all over again. You looking beautiful, my love." Mr. James stood up, took her hands and pecked it.

"Oh, you both are making me blush. And you're such a darling, Samuel," Mrs. James said as Mr. James pulled her close to him.

"Erm...excuse me, teenage boy still here. And remember we have a party to attend before you guys start going all lovey dovey." Edwin rolled his eyes.