Date Night Aftermath

I'm dedicating this chapter to Marvel238. This girl is the bomb!
Much love from here😘

Chapter 44

Daniel walked into his room and slammed the door behind him. He unhooked his tie, flung it away and kicked his shoes away. He sat on the bed and put his hands on his face as he groaned. He couldn't believe he tried to kiss Susan on their first date.

"How will I be able to face her after what I tried to do?" He thought.

"I'm sure she never wants to see my face again."

"But what was I thinking? Why on earth did I try to kiss her?" He thought as he punched the bed.

Just as he made the statement, Edwin opened the door and both of them stared at each other for a moment before Edwin walked into the room.
"With the way you slammed your door earlier, I don't need to be an Einstein to know how your date went," he stated while closing the door. He went to where Daniel sat and took a sit beside him.

"What's wrong bro?" Edwin asked as he moved closer to Daniel. "How did it go?"

"Mehn! I screwed up big time, Eddy."

"What do you mean by you screwed up? What did you do?"

"I don't know what came over me. Things went well during the date until I drove her home and confessed my love to her."

Edwin's eye widened, "You did? And what did she say? What was her response?"

Daniel sighed, "That's where I screwed up," he began. "Before she could respond, I tried to kiss her."

"Kiss her?! Why on earth did you try to do that?" He asked, looking perplexed.

"I sincerely don't know, Eddy. It just happened. I have no idea what came over me that made me try to do that."

"Okay... Now, what was her response to that."

"Well... She ran out of the car and disappeared into her hostel," he responded.

"Woah!" Edwin exclaimed. "That can't be good."

"I know," Daniel admitted. "I'm so confused. I don't know what to do. It looks like I have screwed up big time." Daniel covered his face with hand and bowed his head.

"Calm down, Danny boy. It's gonna be fine," Edwin assured patting Daniel on the back. "Alright, here's what you're gonna do?"

********************************

Susan was not surprised to see Cleo still awake on her phone. She murmured a greeting and sat on her bed. She noticed Nicole sound asleep on her bed while Tania wasn't in. Cleo dropped her phone on her bed and moved to Susan's. Susan looked downcast as she struggled to pull out her ear rings.

"What's wrong, Suzy?" Cleo asked as she assisted her in pulling out the ear rings. "Did your date not go well?"

Susan sighed, "It did actually," she replied and kept mute.

"But why are you so moody?" Cleo inquired.

"Daniel told me he loved me."

Cleo's eyes widened and her jaw dropped in utter disbelief. She held her chest as she struggled not to fall from the bed. The shock on her face was soon replaced with excitement as she screamed

"Wooow!" She screamed so loud that it would an irony if everyone in the entire hostel didn't hear her. Nicole stirred awake and turned to where the noise came from.