Moving On

I'm dedicating this chapter to Djamphi.

Chapter 39

He clenched his fist as their gaze tore each others eyeballs. None of them were willing to back down. Kelvin then realized what he was up against as he sized Daniel up from head to toe.

He smirked, "Look who has suddenly grown balls...just because of a girl," he thought and looked at Susan.

"Absolutely nothing," he replied and walked away leaving behind the box of chocolate and flowers he bought for her on the floor.

Daniel watched him disappear into the crowd before he brought his attention to Susan. He sat on the chair Kelvin had made vacant and plastered a smile on his face.

"Hi," he greeted.

"Hey," Susan replied with a carefree tone looking downcast.

"Sorry, I was late. Mr. Ojo just wouldn't let me be."

"It's okay."

"You're looking amazing today," Daniel stated. "I love your dress."

Susan face brightened up as he made that statement, "Thanks."

"So, what was that all about? Why were you struggling with him?"

"It's a long story. I don't want to bore you with all the details."

"No. It's fine. I wanna hear it and I'm sure it won't be a bore," Daniel stated and smiled.

Susan sighs, "Okay. He was mad because I broke up with him."

"What? Broke up with him" Daniel asked a bit puzzled. Susan merely nodded.

"Why?" Daniel asked. "What happened?"

"Well," Susan began and leaned towards the table with both hands on it. "I caught him sleeping with another girl."

"What? How could he do that to someone like you?" He asked but Susan didn't reply. She looked downcast and remained motionless. She promised herself not be affected by what Kelvin did, but she telling Daniel  now brought back the bad memories she had of him in that room and she just wanted it to just disappear from her mind.

"Hey Susan," Daniel called out in a light masculine tone. She looked up to see him smiling at her. He stretched forward his hands and held hers. "I have a feeling you are still hurting over what he did to you, which is fine because you truly loved him. But what I wanna tell you is that you can't go through this alone because you have me." He held her hands a bit more tight. "And I just want you to know that I'll be with you through this recovering times."

Susan had never heard anything more sweet from a guy in all life. She looked in his eyes and saw sincerity. The sincerity that said he meant every word of what he just said and she didn't know until now that those were the words she needed to hear.

She smiled and nodded, "Thank you, Daniel," her voice was soft and low as she tried to fight back the tear that was beginning to form in her eyes.

"Anything for you," Daniel replied as she smiled. Then, an idea hit him. "Susan, will you be free tomorrow night?"

"Yeah, I will."

"Well, I was thinking if we could go on a date. Nothing to formal, just the two of us. And also, that we would start putting old things far behind us. So, do you mind?"

Susan chuckled, "Sure, why not."

"Great. It's a date then."

"Sure."

The last statement gave way to silence between them as they were both caught in each other's eyes. Daniel was just wondering how someone could cheat on her. She was just too good for any guy. Susan was just wondering how she and Daniel had gotten off on the wrong note. How a sweet and caring guy had seem like an arrogant dude to her at first. After a moment of silence, Daniel then remembered that his hands were still on hers.

"Ooh... Sorry I forgot, what do you care for?" He asked as he withdrew his hand from her and got up.

She smiled, "Just meat pie and a drink."

"Coming right up," he said before walking towards the counter.

*********************************

Kelvin walked into his room with so much rage. He met Paul and another guy in the room talking. He dipped his hand in his pocket, brought a wad of money and flung it to Paul.

"That's your money," he said as he slumped on his bed and buried his head in the pillow.

Paul begins to laughs, "I... I... I told you. I knew you couldn't do it."

"Do what?" Paul's friend asked a bit perplexed.

"Do you know Susan? The girl that won the scholarship?"

"Yeah. I have seen her a couple of times."

"Kelvin and I made a bet. He said he would sleep with her before our first year runs out and I told him he couldn't. Now, look at the result," Paul said, wagging the wad of money.

"Unbelievable. Kelvin, what did you not do," Paul's friend asked.

Kelvin raised his head off the pillow, "If I tell you I knew, I would be lying to you, Desmond. Seems the girls' principle is stronger than my charms."

"I thought you said you were gonna use flowers and chocolate to woo her back?" Paul asked in between laughs.

"I did," he stated while taking a sitting position on the bed. "I did but it didn't work. And on top of that, she even broke up with him."

Paul and Desmond began to laugh uncontrollably that Paul falls off the bed. Kelvin just stared at them with utter disgust.

"Men! This girl has broken countless of records since she came to this school," Desmond said.

"You have no idea bro," Paul replied as he regain his composure. "So what are you gonna doing now, Kelvin."

"Her chapter in my life is over," he stated as he laid on the bed. "I'm moving on."

******************************
Aww... Men! Kelvin has given up.
Curse you Daniel😤

What do guys think of this chapter?
Happy😊
Or
Sad😢
As for me, I'm very sad my match will not happen.

What about you?

Drop your comment, let's feel your pulse😁

Next chapter comes up very SOON. So STAY TUNED!

Also don't forget to...
Vote! 🌟 Vote! 🌟 Vote! 🌟
If you like this chapter.

Don't forget the the magic 4

Vote! 🌟
Comment! 📝
Share! 📲
Follow! 🏃

See you then.