Unlocking Secrets

I'm dedicating this chapter to sunshineeternity. A huge fan of this book. YOU ROCK, MA'AM!🙌🙌

Chapter 28

Daniel paused and stared into space for the third time since he started browsing with his laptop. He had been reminiscing about the strange feelings he usually had whenever he was with Susan and it was beginning to tear him apart. He needed to someone about it since he hadn't figured out what was the cause of it. He needed to pour his mind out about the strange feeling he was having to someone. And unfortunately, the only person or people he could confine in where his friends.

After giving it some thought, he decided to talk to his friends about it. Even though it seemed like a bad idea to him, he didn't want to continue bottling up the feeling he was having. With a huge sigh, he got up from his chair and walked out his room. With a pace that can rival that of a snail's, he walked towards his friend's room till he was right in front of the door. He held the knob and tilted it open but was surprised to find out they weren't in.

"Wow! So they aren't back yet?" He said to himself as he stood akimbo. He looked around the room with a disgust expression on his face as there were clothes and boxers littered both on the bed and on the floor, three used plates on the mini table and five bottles of beer scattered all around the room. He sighed in disgust, turned around and closed the door behind him. Just as he was walking back to his room, his friends just happened to return chatting loudly amongst themselves.

"Daniel? What are you doing here? And did you just come out of our room?" Clement asked with a surprised expression on his face.

"Wha... What? No" Daniel said with a chuckle. "I was just...erm...just...erm...just."

"But you just came out of our room. So what are you erming about?" Felix said with a shrug.

"Yeah... I... I went to check if you guys switched off the...the...fan." Daniel stammered.

"And when as it been your job to be our personal fan checker security man?" Edwin asked with a light smirk on his lips.

"So, you guys want this house to be on fire? What if there was a spark or something like that?" Daniel retorted. "Infact, I'm outta here." He turned around and walked out on them into his room.

"What's up with him?" Felix asked to no one in particular. Both Clement and Edwin shrugged it off before walking into their room.

As they walked in and shut the door, Daniel peeped out his door. Seeing that they had all entered the room, he walked towards the door, gave a huge sigh before turning the knob.

Edwin and Clement were now a singlet and a jean trouser lying on their individual beds while Felix, still fully clothed was on his phone and sat on the mini fridge right beside the door.

"Wow! Daniel has walked into our room for the second time today. I'm smelling something good," Felix stated with a mischievous smile.

"What brings you to our humble abode, Danny boy," Edwin asked as he sat up.

"I wanna talk to you guys concerning something that has been bothering me," Daniel said as he pulled a chair and sat right opposite Clement and Edwin.

"Alright, shoot," Clement said, moving his pillow vertically across his bed so as to have a good view of Daniel.

"Erm... You guys should first promise me that no one will laugh at me," Daniel pleaded. Felix and Edwin chuckles.

"Okay, I can't promise anything but I will try not to," Edwin said with a smirk. "Well, depending on what you're gonna say." He added with nonchalant shrug.