Face To Face

I'm dedicating this chapter to DramaticGirlxoxo.

Chapter 38

Daniel turned off the ignition of the car as he parked in the compound of their apartment. He laid back on the chair and sighed as he thought how futile his effort was to uncover the true identity of Kelvin. He still had a gutsy feeling that Kelvin was behind Susan tears and he didn't know why, even as he met a roadblock this time, he was still adamant to expose him to her.
He got out of the car, locked it and walked into the house. He opened the door to his room and met his friends there on his video game. He was too downcast to say anything about it and just sat at the edge of his bed.

"Hey, Daniel," Clement called out as he gave the controller to Felix and went to where Daniel sat. "What's up? Anything?"

"Nothing really. The Kelvin that is dating Jenny isn't the same one dating Susan," Daniel replied, his head still bowed.

"Ooh... So what are you gonna do now?" Clement asked.

"I still have to expose this guy for sure. I can't let him continue fooling around with Susan," Daniel stated.

Clement sighed, "Okay, Daniel, now this is me being serious. I think you're getting too obsessed with trying to catch Kelvin cheating on Susan and I think it might make you not to focus on other things."

"What! You must you joking. What makes you think I'm getting obsessed with Kelvin's case?"

"Oh wait, let me see," Clement said sarcastically rubbing his hand on his chin. "What about you lying to your sister that you truly wanted to see her boyfriend so you guys could get along when we all know that wasn't the case at all."

"Erm... That's not... Well..."

"Just imagine how disappointed Jenny would be when she finds out you used her," Clement stated with a raised eyebrow.

Daniel sighs, " Okay, I get your point. But what do you propose I do? Just sit down and mind my business?"

"Well... Yeah. Just let things play out. Believe me, nothing is hidden under the sun forever. If he's truly playing her, the truth would eventually be revealed one day."

Daniel thought about it for a moment and concluded that Clement was right. He was indeed getting too obsessed with the matter and it might eventually distract him from other important things.

"You're right men! I think I'll let things play along."

Clement nodded and patted him on the shoulder. He went to where Edwin and Felix were busy on the console.

"Unbelievable. Felix, when I gave you the controller, I was one goal up and now, Edwin has scored two goals," Clement nagged.

"That's what you get when you let a loser play for you," Edwin stated and laughed.

"Don't worry, Clement, I'll soon equalize," Felix said.

"Ha! I would like to see you try," Edwin stated.

Daniel stood up and walked out of the room. He brought out of his phone and dialled Susan's number.

"Hello, Susan," he said as she picked up.

"Hey, Daniel. How are you?"

"I'm fine. What about you?"

"Well... I'm okay. Thanks for asking."

"Okay. So I was thinking, do you mind if we both grabbed lunch together after class tomorrow?"

"Sure. That would be great."

"Alright. It's a date then."

********************************

Susan sat alone on a table in the school cafeteria clad on a yellow knee length gown. She pulled out her phone her purse and dialled Daniel's number.

"Hello, Daniel," she began as he picked up.

"Hey, Susan. I'm very sorry for not being there. After the class, Mr. Ojo said I should carry the manuals to his office. I've done that now and I'm on my way. I should be there in about 5mins time."

"Alright. I'll be waiting." She stated and ended the call. She put her phone back in her purse and as she raised her head up, she met Kelvin staring down at her holding a bouquet of flowers and a package.

"Hi, love?" Kelvin greeted with a sly smile.

"Kelvin? What are you doing here?" Susan asked a bit perplexed.

"Ah, c'mon," he said before sitting on the chair opposite hers. "Is it bad for your boyfriend to meet you randomly?"

"Ooh... Right. My boyfriend."

Kelvin smiles, "You look stunning love."

"Thank you. Now, what do you want?"

"Okay... I know you're still angry over what you saw when you came to my house. I just want to let you know that I'm very sorry. That was the old me. I have changed and I want you to give me another chance."

"Oh... Really?"

"Yeah... I was actually going to your place until I saw your angelic figure here. And look at what I got you," he said and drop the bouquet of flowers on the table and brought out a box of chocolate from the package. "I got these for you to show how much I still love and adore you. I still need you in my life baby. I'm sorry and I promise it won't happen again."

Susan took the flowers, examining it as she said, "You know Kelvin, all the events that has happened lately has made me realize something about our relationship."

"Yes... And what is it?" Kelvin asked, beaming a huge smile across his face.

"That we are not meant to be together," she said and threw the flower at his face. "Let's break up."

It took 0.2 seconds for Kelvin expression to change. He wore and gloomy look as she made that statement. "No, Susan, you can't do that to us. I love you. I need you. Without you, I don't think I can survive."

"You know, that's why we are humans. We adapt whenever we are faced with any shortcomings or tragedy. So don't worry, you will naturally learn how to adapt without me," she stated and smiled.

"Look Susan," he said as he grabbed her arm. "Don't do this to me. I love you..."

"Let go off me Kelvin," she said as she struggled to loosen his grip on her.

"Just give me another chance. I will make it up to you. I lo..."

"What's going on here?" A masculine voice boomed beside them.

Kelvin turned around and found Daniel staring angrily at him. He loosen his grip on her and stood up. He then stood face to face with Daniel.

******************************
Woah! Cool! Kelvin is about to deliver some whooping!!😂
Sorry Daniel fans but I'm afraid Kelvin is about to deliver the whooping to Daniel
Or maybe it's Daniel that's gonna deliver the whooping😫

Stay tuned to find out!

So what do you guys think of this chapter and what do you think is gonna happen in the next?

Drop them comments people!
And who do think is gonna beat up who?

Next chapter comes up very SOON. So STAY TUNED!

Also don't forget to...
Vote! 🌟 Vote! 🌟 Vote! 🌟
If you like this chapter.

Don't forget the the magic 4

Vote! 🌟
Comment! 📝
Share! 📲
Follow! 🏃

See you then.