Chapter 5

A/N: Doods, thank you so much for 156 reads! I love you all :D

______________________________________________________

The next morning, I awoke with the feeling of dread in my stomach. I couldn't eat, but of course, nothing could stop me from having my coffee.

"Honey, eat something..." Mom pleaded. I shook my head.

"I can't help but feel like something bad is gonna happen." I confided to her.

"That's probably because you're letting this Mitch problem get to your head." she sighed. "Just ignore him if he bullies you, sweetie. I had to do the same thing when I was your age." I looked up at her curiously.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well, I have bullying issues too. Ricky Marshall was his name. Star athlete, school heartthrob, total jackass." she murmured. "He always called me names, because, well, as you know, we're Italian. My mom believed that a big, hearty meal was the key to good studies and living happy. So she cooked mainly big Italian dinners. I put on some weight, enough for kids to notice, and they started picking on me because of it. Eventually, I got sick of Ricky's tormenting, and the day I stopped caring about what he had to say, they day he left me alone." she smiled.

"After that, I lost the weight, and guess who asked me out senior year?" she smirked.

"So you're saying that maybe if I ignore Mitch, he'll stop bullying me?" I inquired.

"It's certainly worth a shot." She shrugged.

"Thanks mom, I'll try it out." I smiled, plucking a banana from the fruit bowl before pecking her cheek and picking up my backpack.

"Have fun!" She called after me. I rolled my eyes with a smile. As if school could actually be fun.

After a short walk, I was back at school for day two. I had science first hour, with Mrs. Bentz. Today, I walked straight by Mitch, not even glancing at him, to my locker. That was easier than expected. Then I heard something that made my heart stop cold.

"Hey fag." Mitch called. I turned around, rage boiling in my blood. I was done being bullied about my sexuality the moment I left New Jersey.

"Bet your subs don't even give a shit about you." He smirked. My jaw dropped. So he did know who I was.

"I think they care more about me than you think." I spat. "Anyways, you would know, Mitchell." I stated coldly.

"Huh?" He frowned. "Sorry, you're looking for my loser brother if you're looking for Mitchell." He growled.

"Ha! You don't have a brother any older than Conner." I scoffed.

"Oh, so my bro forgot to mention me, huh? Michael Hughes, Bitch Hughes' twin brother." He laughed.

"Mitch doesn't have a twin. He would've told me." I insisted.

"Oh, but he does. And he's here to make your life a living hell." He grinned.

"You're Mitch! He doesn't have a twin! This is just a stupid joke you're playing on me!" I yelled.

"It's not a joke, Jerome." I heard a familiar voice say behind me.