Chapter 6

A/N: Moar reads!! This is getting exciting :D

____________________________________________________________

I turned around to come face-to-face with Mitch. There was one big difference between the two Mitches. The one supposedly called 'Michael' didn't wear the dogtag I had given Mitch at PAX for his birthday. Mitch was wearing it.

"Mitch?" I whispered. He nodded. I broke down, collapsing into him. He wrapped his arms securely around me, and I breathed in Mitch's comforting scent. Axe, fresh laundry, and strangely enough, hot chocolate.

"Come on, I'll take you home, and we can clear this all up." he suggested gently. I nodded meekly, not caring about who was watching as he scooped me up into his arms.

"Oh, and Mike. Fuck you." Mitch spat at his brother, carrying me out of the building.

"Thank you, Mitch." I whispered.

"It's no problem. Now, what's your address?" he asked.

 I told him.

"Funny, I live near there." Mitch murmured as we walked down the street.

"I know." I mumbled. "I've been there, remember?"

"Right." he chuckled.

"So why haven't I met Michael before?" I asked.

"Mike moved out when he was 16, because he didn't like the rules my parents had. We didn't talk until he finally came back this year. My family pretty much wrote him off before, though." he explained. I nodded in understanding.

"Jerome... I have something to tell you..."  Mitch mumbled.

"What is it?" I asked curiously.

"I was offered to be part of an exchange program, to go to France for about 6 months." he replied.

"Oh.." my expression fell. Just as soon as we finally were in the same school, he wanted to skip half of the only year we could?

"And I won't have time for YouTube either. I'm pretty much going on a 6 month hiatus. I mean, I can still write letters and stuff... but that's all." He stated.

I shouldn't be mad. I know Mitch was my best friend, but I should be happy for him. I'd probably be even angrier if we were dating. Not that that'd happen. Mitch was totally straight.

"I'll miss you." I mumbled finally, looking up at him.

"I'll miss you too." he smiled slightly. God damn it, I'd hoped that by being in the same area as Mitch, I'd have more of a chance with him. Now that it happened, he was going away!

"How long until you leave?" I asked.

"About a month." He replied. Good. I have a month to make Mitch Hughes my boyfriend.