Chapter 15

A/N: so many reads, it's crazy ^o^ thanks doods

__________________________________

No, no. It must've been a fluke. No way I saw the same kid from the news article. I refuse to believe that I saw a ghost.

I read the note again. This Andrew kid must've been totally heartbroken to have killed himself. I wondered if that's how I'd feel if Mitch found some girl- or guy, to live instead of me. I pulled out my phone and turned it on. There was a text from Mitch saying thanks for letting him stay, and that he'd gone home.

I looked up, seeing the same boy. Andrew. He watched as a boy and girl walked in. Obviously a couple. The boy had smooth, olive skin, dark hair, rich brown eyes, and a prominent nose. It didn't take an Italian to know one.

He looked happy enough to make me sure that he hadn't heard the news. And that crushed the ghostly boy. Andrew's face contorted with tears as he sent an abandoned coffee cup flying in a rage. Derek turned, looking directly at Andrew. But all he saw was empty space. It broke my own heart to see it.

I read the note once more. I then saw myself as Andrew, and Mitch as Derek. If I kept going with Preston... and I never tell Mitch how I feel... I could end up being the boy in the news. no, that wouldn't be me. I wouldn't let him.

I got up, dashing out the door. "Where're you going?" Andrew asked beside me.

"I'm going to get my love." I murmured to him. He smiled, joining me as I went into a florist's. I picked up a bouquet of Mitch's favorite flowers; tiger lilies.

I then looked at my outfit. Too casual for this. I ran back to my house, putting on the suit that Mitch liked, the one he said was so casual but so fancy. I took a deep breath, ignoring Preston as I ran to Mitch's house. I knocked on the door breathlessly. After a moment, he answered.

"Yes?" he asked. I thrust the bouquet into his hands.

"Mitch, I'm going out on a limb here. I love you, I have for a while. You're perfect, in every way. I want you to be mine. I want to tell you I love you, and have you say it back. So... I love you." I finished the declaration in a whisper.

"Well..." he mumbled. I noticed Andrew tearing up with a smile. Suddenly, Mitch threw the bouquet to the ground, crushing them with a stomp of his foot.

"That's adorable that you think I'd ever love you, Jerome." he stated coldly. "I'll have you know that I have a beautiful girlfriend, one that you can't hope to replace." he cackled as an admittedly gorgeous brunette peered over his shoulder.

"You coming back to bed?" she asked with a smile.

"In a minute, baby." Mitch smiled. The girl nodded, walking away. I was speechless.

"If I were you, Jerome, I'd keep my distance from me. I don't want a loser like you weighing me down." he spat. "See ya." he slammed the door.

I didn't shed a single tear. And you know why? That girl had Mike's name tattooed on her shoulder.

If that asshole thinks he can stop me, he can think again.

"I'm Jerome Aceti, Michael. And if you think you can keep me and Mitch apart, you don't know me." I murmured to the door.

__________________________________

A/N: yup.

Vote. Comment. Smile.

ShipFicsRus