Chapter 7

A/N: Nearly 300 reads c: Thank you!

____________________________________________________________

When Mitch and I got to my house, my mom was out doing some shopping. He carried me upstairs, laying me on my bed. I pulled him down with me, to which he didn't object as he laid beside me.

So here I was, laying in Mitch's arms in silence. He played with my hair, resting his head just above mine so that I was cuddled into his chest.

My chest fluttered, my stomach churning, but in a good way. This was the way Mitch made me feel. To me, he was altogether an intoxicating person. His scent, his laugh, his hugs... I felt so special when he called me his Biggums.

I had Mitch to thank for helping me realize I was gay. It wasn't just the lack of interest towards girls. It was the way I blushed when he complimented me, this nervous feeling I had around him right around 7th grade. The way he smiled at me, those amazing amber eyes that made me get lost frequently. How strong his hugs felt...

First, I realized that I was gay in general. I saw boys in a different way than I saw girls. There were the dreams, though, of Mitch that made me catch on to how I felt about him. I wanted to be the one he held, the one he wanted to kiss, and eventually... other things.

When I came out to my mom, she was thrilled. She suggested a group, a support group, since I was having trouble dealing with this fact. I was dubbed 'abnormal' by society. And I was scared.

So I did just that. I was shocked to find so many people were gay, just like me. I felt like I was accepted by my new friends. And they were a lot of fun, too. Too bad they're all back in New Jersey.

Mitch still didn't know I was gay. Being my best friend, you'd probably expect me to tell him first, since he know practically everything about me. But no. I didn't want things to be awkward between us. What if we shared a room again? I had to tell him... And I would do it now.

"Mitch.." I murmured.

"Yeah biggums?" he asked, looking down at me.

"I--" I was about to tell him when someone knocked on the door downstairs. I sighed, getting up and jogging down the stairs. I opened it, and was tackled by someone. A cactus to be exact.

"Jay-rome!" he grinned.

"Purrston!" I squealed. Mitch thumped down the stairs.

"Preston?" he frowned.

"Hey Mitch." he smiled, standing up and helping me up.

"What're you doing here?" Mitch asked, clearly confused.

"I came down to visit, duh." he smirked. "Oh, by the way.." he reached into his bag and pulled out a gift box.

"This is for you." he beamed, giving me the present. I opened it, laughing as I saw the contents. I pulled out a little plant pot with a little cacti in it.

"Mitch, let's keep it, and call it Betty." I giggled, referencing our 100th Hunger Games episode. Mitch laughed too, getting said reference.

"Where's Momma Bacca?" He asked.

"Out shopping." I replied, putting the cacti on the window sill.

"Fudge, I was looking forward to seeing her right away!" he whined.

"She'll be home soon. For now, let's play some video games!" I grinned. Preston and Mitch cheered, racing up the stairs with me. Gosh, I was happy.

___________________________________________________________

A/N: And Preston arrives! Bearing a cacti! (If any of you don't know, cacti is the term for a tiny cactus) Also, I might start a book of one-shots :3 Any pairing suggestions? Leave a comment!

ShipFicsRus