Chapter 8

A/N: Let's see if we can get this story to 400 reads by the next chapter! Much Luv!

___________________________________________________________

I was sad to see Mitch go home later that night, but he had to. We had school the next morning, and his mom didn't let him stay over at friend's houses during weekdays. But I still had Preston, and I thought that, since Preston was really my second best friend, I'd spill everything to him about my crush on Mitch.

Preston and I were in my room, just scrolling through Twitter on our phones (hell, Preston was on Twitter, I was on Tumblr under #Merome).

"Hey Preston?" I asked. He looked up from his phone.

"Yesh?" he murmured.

"You... wouldn't tell anyone if I told you a secret... well, two secrets, would you?" I wasn't openly gay on YouTube and other social media.

"Of course not. What's going on?" he asked, putting away his phone respectfully.

"Well... I'm gay..." I sighed. Preston nodded.

"And you have a crush on Mitch." he murmured. I gaped at him.

"How'd you know?" I asked. He shrugged.

"I just know what a person looks like when they have a crush on someone." He replied.

"Oh..." I breathed.

"Wanna know a secret of mine?" he asked after a moment. I nodded.

"I'm gay too." he admitted. I cocked my head, confused.

"But Sara..." I began.

"It was Sara that made me realize. I mean, don't get me wrong, she was a great girlfriend. Caring and attentive... but she just... the spark that we had when we first started dating wasn't there anymore, y'know?" He sighed.

"I get that, bud." I stated softly.

"So, I broke up with her. Well, we broke up with each other. And after that, I never saw a girl the same way I saw guys. Especially Rob..." He looked down, and I teared up slightly. Rob... well, he wasn't homophobic... he just was as straight as they get. I knew that for certain, but I also knew that Preston was still oblivious to this fact. I just didn't have the heart to tell him.

"But Rob'll never like me back. I just have the nagging feeling like he's got someone else in mind." he murmured.

"I know exactly how you feel, Preston. It seems like Mitch'll only see me as a friend, and nothing more. It'll hurt, so bad, if we're still best friends when he gets a girlfriend, and eventually a wife. I know it's selfish, but I don't want to be his best man at his wedding, I want to be his... his partner." I explained.

"So.. two hopeless relationships, huh?" he chuckled.

"I guess so, unless some miracle gets them to like us." I smiled.

"When Mitch goes off to France..." he started.

"Mitch'll probably meet some French girl and fall in love." I murmured.

"That's not likely, but could still happen. And Rob... he's just straighter than a ruler." So he did realize.

"What if we made them jealous?" I asked. "Like, maybe that thing the girls do in the movies, date another guy to get them jealous."  Preston looked me dead in the eyes.

"That might just be stupid enough to work."

__________________________________________________________________

A/N: #TBNRASF. It's a thing now... maybe... we'll see.

Vote. Comment. Smile.

ShipFicsRus