Chapter 12

A/N: We're almost at 1000 reads! I'm so happy right now, I can't thank you guys enough!

___________________________________________________________________

Preston smiled widely as I pulled away.

"That was amazing, Jerome." he breathed. I smiled in return.

"Wasn't it though?" I sighed happily, plopping down beside him on the couch and cuddling into him.

"I've still got some studying to do." he sighed after a moment. I pouted, disdainfully getting up.

"I'll leave you too it then." I smiled a bit, leaving him to do his studying. I went upstairs, to the gaming room, where my mom was playing some solo survival.

"Hey mom." I smiled.

"Oh, hey Jerome." she chirped, looking away from her screen. "What's up?"

"Nothin'. Preston's studying for a big exam, and I'm bored." I replied.

"Oh, wanna join me for this episode of survival then?" she asked hopefully.

"Of course." I grinned, sitting in front of my computer and starting up Minecraft. I joined her server, and accepted the Skype call before we began to play.

-timeskip-

"And that's all for this episode of Springtime Survival, my little linguines." Mom murmured. "Bye!" we chorused before she ended the recording. I cracked up then.

"I love your subscriber name, mom." I grinned. Linguine was my mom's favorite type of pasta to cook with.

"Thanks." she beamed. "They like it too." she opened up her video where she first called them Little Linguinis, the comments all telling her that they liked the name.

"That's great." I giggled, standing up and stretching. "Hey, when's dinner?" I asked as my stomach growled.

"Hmm... I should start on it right now." she replied, getting up as well and going downstairs with me. I decided to check up on Preston.

"How's it going?" I asked, sitting beside him. He looked up from his paper.

"Rob got a girlfriend." Preston murmured. I gaped.

"What?" I breathed. He nodded slowly.

"I knew he was straight.." He sighed. I swallowed a lump in my throat. I felt terrible for him, about finding out the hard way that Rob was straight as could be.

"Preston, I'm so sorry." I stated sincerely.

"It's alright." he smiled slightly. "I have you... at least, for now." he looked down. I bit my lip. Our original goal by dating was now shattered. Mitch's love was still on the table, but Preston was visibly breaking before my eyes.

What would I do?

____________________________________________________

A/N: Roooooob! Why would you break the cactus' heart? D: I wrote the bit about him getting a girlfriend to the song 'All of Me'. 'Twas sad.

BUT HEY. Don't worry, the story isn't over!

Vote. Comment. Smile.

ShipFicsRus