B.S 7

Jake's POV 

"You've got something on your mind". 

I raised my eyes to stare into green ones. "Hm?" 

"What are you thinking about?" Gabe tried again. 

We were in our room at the White mansion, having only arrived a few minutes ago. I had been sitting on my bed while Gabe was changing into his sleeping clothes. Unaware of his scrutiny, I had been thinking about that night's events. 

I shook my head. "Nothing" 

"Try again", Gabe said putting on a t-shirt. 

I took a deep breath. "Does Sam ever not want to spend the night with you?" 

"What do you mean?" 

"I mean...I don't know. I suggested to Chris that I spend the night at the house with him, and he didn't exactly say no, but he..." I trailed off. 

"Why do you think he didn't want you to spend the night?" 

I got up from the bed and walked to the window. I shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe he's just not into me anymore". 

Gabe chuckled. I couldn't believe he was laughing at me. I was being serious! 

"You are obviously an amateur at this. You are reading too much into it. Sometimes people just want to be on their own", he said. "Sometimes Sam needs her space and I give it to her". 

"You are right. I'm just being silly". 

"It's first love. It always makes you act silly or overreact, or both". 

I started taking off my clothes. 

"It's really nice of dad to be sponsoring Chris", Gabe said. 

"Yes, it is. Underneath all that dragon costume, he's a nice man", I said. "He must be warming up to him". 

"Or he made a good business judgment". 

"Either way, Chris is going to college and that's all that matters". 

Gabe's phone rang at that moment. When I saw his facial expression, I knew it was Sam. He brightened up whenever he talked to her. He smiled naturally, and his eyes just had a twinkle in them. Approximately 7 months ago, I would have thought all of that was bullshit. I didn't get it and thought I'd never get it. That was until I fell in love. Now I felt what Gabe felt when he talked to Sam, if not more. At times I couldn't believe it was happening for real, but I had only to think of Chris to know it was. He made me smile effortlessly. He made me want to protect him all the time. I had never been in love before him, but I knew what I felt for him was more than platonic. 

"I love you more", Gabe was saying. 

I rolled my eyes, experience told me the conversation wasn't about to end. They were going to get into an argument about who loved who more. 

"No, a trillion times more", Gabe said. 

I wondered then if Chris loved me more than I loved him. How would one know? It was impossible to tell. How do you judge love? 

"I don't think I love you anymore!" I shouted so Sam could hear, butting into her and Gabe's conversation. 

"Jake..." Sam shouted. She continued saying some things but I couldn't hear. 

I chuckled. I knew half of those things were insults, if not all. 

"Did you say something about a tiny dick? If only you knew, your boyfriend's is half my size", I shouted.