B.S 8

As I walked along the White grounds, I had a feeling of foreboding. The night sky was dark, with a few stars. The moon barely shone. Clouds gathered around it, partially occluding its brightness. The air was magical. It held in it something I couldn't decipher. It was as if it knew, this was the last time. I was walking on White grounds for the last time. 

I finally arrived at the door. Tyler had dropped me off at the gate a few minutes ago. The guard had opened for me, not giving me a hint of what to expect. I knocked slowly on the door. 

"I'm coming!" Jake shouted from inside the house. 

I waited patiently. My heart couldn't yet see how the final time would be like. It didn't want to. But the time had come and there was no going back. 

The door opened. I opened my mouth in awe. Jake was standing there, looking so perfect it was breaking my heart. He wore beige chinos, a white shirt and a maroon unbuttoned cardigan. His front hair was combed upwards, and held there with some gel. The night stars were printed on his eyes. He was so breathtakingly gorgeous I wanted to turn and run. I had to go. I couldn't stand there and watch his perfect body move with ease. I couldn't watch him smile tentatively, revealing pearly whites that glowed. 

I was falling in love with him all over again. 

"Hey", his voice was a whisper. 

I smiled. "Hi". 

"Come in", he said. 

I walked in and he closed the door. He led me to the balcony. There, a table sat in the middle, with a chair on two opposite sides. There was a vase filled with red roses on the middle. Four red scented candles were the only source of light, and they formed a square on the table. Rose petals lead the way to the balcony and some we scattered on the table. An ice bucket with a bottle of champagne sat on the table near the end. The atmosphere was so beautiful I was lost for words. 

He pulled my chair for me before I could do it myself. I smiled and took a seat. He sat on the opposite side. 

"If it were up to me I would make you sit on my lap, but apparently that's not allowed", he said. 

"By who?" 

"Society", he said. 

"Dating a guy isn't either. You are doing that", I said. 

He shook his head. "That's a whole lot different. You should see my boyfriend man. It's impossible not to want to date him. He's fucking gorgeous, and just about the sweetest and amazing person you'll ever meet". 

I blushed scarlet. Things were just so perfect. His words were perfect. 

"This is beautiful baby. You didn't have to go to all this trouble to..." I didn't finish because Jake interrupted. 

"It wasn't trouble, and I wanted to do it. Just let me be romantic for once. I know you are not a girl, but I hope this shows you how serious I am about us". 

WHY? WHY NOW? 

I shivered. Jake didn't notice and I was glad he didn't. It wasn't because it was cold, it was the guilt. He was saying those words to me and I knew what would happen in a few days. 

"Do you like it? I mean, I wasn't sure...you know, you are a guy, but you aren't...never mind. What I'm trying to say is...I don't know what I'm trying to say". 

I chuckled at his stammering. It was cute, and rare. Jake was always on top of his game. Clearly, I threw him off a bit. 

"It is perfect baby, just perfect", I said sincerely.