B.S 10

Jake's POV 

Tyler and I had been driving for over 4 hours. We switched driving every hour, meaning we'd each driven two times. Tyler was at the wheel at that moment and I could tell he was getting tired. We'd made two stops to go to the bathroom and buy refreshments. I was emptying my last bag of chips, swinging my head to one of Nicki Minaj's songs. It was a collaboration with some other dude I didn't know and couldn't be bothered knowing. 

"We can make another stop", I suggested. 

"We are almost there", Tyler said. It was the Red Bull talking. 

"Dude, you are tired. Let's stop and then I'll drive". 

"Okay fine". 

Tyler made a turn and parked the car at some gas station just near the entrance into town. We got out. 

"I need to use the bathroom", Tyler murmured. 

"I'll be in the shop", I said as he left. 

I wasn't surprised he had to go to the bathroom. He'd downed a lot of Red Bull. The first time it was because he was tired. The second, third and fourth times were because with every energy he got, he wanted more. It was like he was addicted. Too much energy resulted in him getting tired easily. 

There was a snack shop at the gas station and I walked into it. Surprisingly it smelled like washing powder. I grabbed two bags of Doritos and paid for them. When I got to the car, Tyler wasn't there so I waited for him outside. I leaned against the car and looked at my surroundings. The gas station didn't contain much and wasn't full either. However, a car that looked out of place caught my attention. It arrived just as I leaned on Tyler's car. It was an Aston Martin Vanquish, painted all mysterious black. I couldn't tell who was driving it, but I guessed it was someone pretty loaded. I watched the car for a while, and just as I decided to remove my eyes from it, the owner got out. 

NO WAY! 

Some faces never leave your memories. Maybe in due time they do, but the face of the driver of the Aston Martin hadn't left my memory at that time. Her face was there in my memories and everything else that had happened that day. I didn't know her name but I knew her face. What was she doing in Stanton? 

"You look like you've seen a ghost", Tyler's voice startled me. I hadn't seen him walk to the car. 

"Uh...it's nothing". 

He moved his eyes towards the Aston. The girl was filling her tank, dressed in a pink blouse, white formal shorts that barely covered her buttocks and white heels. Her long legs shone in the sun. 

"Damn, that girl is fine!" Tyler commented. 

I didn't say anything. I doubted Tyler could remember her. 

"Instead of standing here and drooling, you could go say hi", Tyler suggested. 

I punched him on the chest lightly and opened the car door on the driver side. 

"If you are not, I'm going to!" he said, making to walk to the girl. 

"Whoa!" I said, grabbing Tyler's t-shirt. "We have to go". 

"This will only take a few minutes", he protested. 

"Tyler, No!" I said firmly, letting go of his t-shirt. 

"What? So now that you have a boyfriend I have to be celibate?" he asked, throwing his hands about.  

"Get in the fucking car!" I demanded. 

"What's your problem man?" 

We were talking louder now and drawing attention to us, which was what I didn't want. If that girl turned...