B.S 20

It was on a Friday afternoon while Em, Kyle, Rosslyn and I were seated at our usual spot at the student canteen that Kyle came up with a ridiculous idea on how we should spend Friday night. The student canteen had been our home during lunch hour for the whole week. We sat there and talked about things that didn't even make sense. You don't need to guess who said the things that didn't make sense. Kyle teased Em while Em insulted him. Rosslyn pitched in and made fun of Em too. I felt more in the background than anything, but I was slowly warming up to them. I still didn't talk much; it would take more than a week for me to feel comfortable enough to say my thoughts. Regardless, I enjoyed the company. They were a fun bunch to be with. 

"...Prick", Em was saying to something Kyle had mentioned. 

"You can call me whatever you want. I still think you looked good in that tutu", Kyle said grinning. 

"I bet he did. Where's the pic?" Rosslyn added. 

"He deleted it". 

Em pursed his lips. 

"Keep that pose...Perfect! I'm starting to think you would have been the perfect Nina Sayers in black swan" Kyle said adopting a serious tone. 

"I'm surprised you watched black swan, you shallow prick", Em said. 

"You watched black swan?" Rosslyn said in disbelief. 

"Uh, my sister forced me to watch it", Kyle said quickly. 

"You were forced by a little girl who still picks her nose? How macho", Em said sarcastically. 

"Black Swan is a little too dark for a little girl, don't you think?" Rosslyn said to Kyle. 

It seemed like the tables were turning. I mentally chuckled, observing the situation. Rosslyn had the both of them wrapped around her little finger. She made them turn on each other, but never on her. They both couldn't see it. She was a tricky girl. 

"That's what I told her, but she wouldn't listen. She's a little ballerina", Kyle said. 

"She doesn't seem to be the only ballerina in the family", Em said. 

Rosslyn and I chuckled. 

"So speaks the guy who's tried on a tutu", Kyle said. "What's next, pointe shoes?" 

"A macho guy wouldn't know what that is", Em said. 

Rosslyn nodded in agreement. "I don't even know what that is". 

Kyle reddened, but I could tell that he was getting annoyed. 

"Can we change the topic?" 

"You started the topic and now you want to end it? I'm having fun. Not fun on the receiving end, is it?" 

"What are we doing tonight?" Kyle asked cheerfully, ignoring Em's question. 

"We are not going to a ballet show if that's what you have in mind", Em said and laughed. 

"Ha-ha, funny", Kyle said humorlessly. "Let's go clubbing. Let's use the time we have before college gets busy". 

I would have gaped, but I controlled myself. There was just something about clubbing that didn't sit well with me. I associated it with drunken loose girls or drunken stupid cheating boyfriends. The thought of me going to a club was just ridiculous. 

"That sounds great!"Em said. "I'm in". 

"Me too", Rosslyn said. 

Everyone went quiet.