B.S 14

"Thanks", I mouthed. 

I was sitting across from Em. He was chewing his Mcnuggets. We were at McDonald's like he suggested. I couldn't let the poor guy die because he couldn't have his chicken nuggets. I refrained from telling him McDonald's reminded me of Jake. The setup was just the same. Jake and I usually went to McDonald's if he wasn't in the mood for Martha's cooking. 

Em smiled at me. I hadn't liked the idea of having to go out for breakfast, but at that moment I appreciated it. If I hadn't left I would have been in the same room as Spencer. He would have been saying rude things, making a mockery of my sexual orientation. 

"Do you have a boyfriend?" I asked Em. 

"Who... me? He'd have to be Superman". 

"Superman is too old", I said grinning. 

"What if I like old?" Em said, challenging. 

I backed down, lost for words. 

"I'm kidding. Ok, probably not Superman. I don't think the guy I'm looking for actually exist", he said sipping his drink. 

I stayed quiet for a while. 

"What kind of guy would that be?" 

"I'll tell you when I figure it out. Let's just say I haven't met him. When I meet him, I'll know", he said. 

I sipped my drink and watched as a couple passed our table to the table just near us. They were holding hands and seemed to be in love. 

"You'll meet him", I said. 

"I'm not holding my breath. He'll probably turn out to be straight, or just want to be friends". 

My eyebrows met. "Sounds like you've already met him". 

"Nope, I haven't. I've had a few crushes, heck, I'm crushing on Logan Booth - not Logan Lerman, so not you - but I've never fallen for anyone on a serious note", Em said, chewing on his straw. 

That was odd. I had the same habit of chewing on my straw too. Jake always said I wasn't wired right. It seemed like I wasn't the only person not wired right. 

"I have to meet this Logan Lerman you keep comparing me to". 

"You wouldn't see the resemblance I see. It's not physical". 

"What is it then?" 

"Oh, it's complicated". 

"Uncomplicate it", I demanded. 

"That is not a word", Em said, unfazed. 

"Discomplicate it", I said laughing. 

"That is not a word either". 

"What other negation prefixes are there?" I asked. 

"I have no freaking idea. Ha-ha, you lose", Em said. 

I laughed. Like I said, I liked Em already. He was fun to be with. He made me laugh. He made me forget about Jake and my heartbreak. 

"One day I'll tell you", he said. 

"Why can't you tell me today?" 

"...Because to tell you the truth, I have no idea. It's like the guy I'm going to fall in love with", he said chuckling. "I don't know what it is I want, the same way I can't explain why you are like Logan Lerman to me". 

"Do you like Logan Lerman?" I asked. 

He gave a high-pitched laugh that garnered us a few stares. "Are you asking me if I like you?"