Chapter 4

The next morning i woke up feeling ready for work. I got ready and headed downstairs. i smell bacon...and pancakes? I walked into the kitchen and saw Harry cooking while Vanessa setted up the table. Wow he really did cook. "Goodmorning Hayley," he said. "Goodmorning, wow it smells fantastic in here." The three of us sat down and ate. His cooking really is amazing. "Hayley would you like Harry to give you a ride to work?" said Vanessa. "Oh no thats ok, i think I'll walk," i said. "No I'll take you i don't mind, c'mon." He got up and grabbed his keys, kissed Vanessa and made his way to the car. "Bye, I'll pick you up after work," said Vanessa. "Oh, Matt is actually picking me up."

   "Thank you Harry, I'll see you later," I said. "No problem," he said. I walked in and felt ready to work, i wanted today to go by fast so I could see Matt later. But, the day was going slow and it was getting really boring. We were barely getting any people. I sat down to take my lunch break. I felt like someone was looking at me so I looked over my shoulder. It was the guy from the other time, the one who apologized for his friend. He gave a little wave and smiled. I walked over and sat with him.

   "I'm sorry, I didn't get your name last time," I said. He smiled and said, "Damon." The way he said it gave me goosebumps. "Damon? Hmm... well Damon it's nice to officially meet you. Your friends are not coming right?" He laughed and said, "No, I thought of what you said to me last time and I am no longer friends with any of them." I stopped chewing and looked up at him. Did i hear him right? "Oh...well i hope i didn't make you do something you didn't want to," i said. "Oh no no i wanted to, your words just pushed me to do what i wanted to for a while," he said. We sat there talking for a little longer. He was actual quite fun to talk to, he was telling me stories about how he would get pranked by his older sisters. Buzz. I looked down at my phone, it was a message from Matt. Hayley, i'm sorry but i will not be able to hangout today. I am being told to stay at work for a few more hours. But I will see you tomorrow. "Everything ok Hayley?" asked Damon. "Yea it was just my boyfriend telling me he will have to stay late at work." I checked the time, I was supposed to be done five minutes ago! "I'm sorry but i have to get back to work, i had fun chatting with you Damon." I got up and before i could walk away he said, "I would like to hangout with you some time. As friends of course." He did a little smirk and got up to leave. "Actually, we could hangout today if you're free?" I took out a napkin and wrote my number down, then handed it to him. "Text me later, I really have to get to work before I get in trouble."

   I was finally done with work and headed outside so i could call Vanessa to pick me up. When i took out my phone I realized that i had a message. It's Damon, I'm free today. Starbucks @ 8pm?  I said yes to his offer and called Vanessa. I got home and showered, got dressed and told Vanessa about Damon. "Hayley don't start getting yourself into boy trouble now," she said. "Of course not I'm just trying to make friends here and he seems like a good guy. Plus he knows I have a boyfriend." She gave me an odd look but smiled anyway. "Ok, but call me right away if anything goes wrong!"

   I arrived at Starbucks and found him already there. Was I late? I checked the time and noticed we were both 5 minutes early. I walked in and saw him drinking coffee. "Hey, you made it. I got you a vanilla bean, I hope you like it," he said. "Oh god, yes I love this drink. To be honest it's what I usually get haha." He smiled and took another sip of his coffee. We sat and talked for the longest, he told me where he grew up, favorite music, favorite sport, movies, and he even told me jokes. We both got to know more about each other. "Well I think we should start heading home, it's getting pretty late," said Damon. I agreed and we both got up and headed for the door. "Well Damon thank you for the drink  and for tonight, I had fun." He smiled and nodded and said, "We should hangout again." I nodded and said goodnight.

   I got home and found Harry sleeping on the couch without a shirt on. I don't know if I should be weirded out or if i should be ok with it. I've never seen one of my sister's boyfriends without a shirt. I realized that I was just standing there staring at his body, but when I turned around I got frightened by Vanessa. "Oh fuck! Have you been there the whole time or?" She laughed and went over to cover up Harry with a blanket. "Yea, I was just admiring him from over there until you walked in," she said. She pointed to upstairs and I knew she wanted to go talk about how it went with Damon. So we sat on my bed and I told her exactly what we chatted about. "I like this guy, he seems friendly. But, I do hope he doesn't turn out to be a total asshole and a perv," she said. I laughed and assured her that he actually gives off a really friendly vibe. "Hi Hayley," said a voice. We both looked over and saw Harry with sleepy eyes. "Goodnight Hayley, I think we should all get some sleep," said Vanessa. She got up and pulled Harry away. I threw on my pj's and went to bed.