Chapter 8

Three weeks have past since Damon's party and what had happened was never brought up again like he promised. The only person who knew was my sister, she had to help me lie. Matt thought I slept over with my sister, if he knew I slept over at Damon's he would of been furious. "Hayley why the fuck is there nothing to eat?" yelled Matt. "I guess because you haven't bought groceries." He walked over to me and pushed me against the wall. He leaned in real close, looking all furious. "DOES IT LOOK LIKE IT'S MY MOTHER FUCKING JOB TO GET THE GROCERIES?" He was holding my arms with all the force he had in him. "OW, Matt you're hurting me. what is your problem?" He let go and threw a fist at the wall, causing a hole to appear. "Hayley, I am sick of this. you are my girlfriend, you are supposed to make sure there is food in this place. you are to wash my clothes, you are to wash the dishes and you are to love me and only me. Do I make myself clear?" He clearly woke up on the wrong side of the bed. "Hayley I asked you a fucking question!" I ignored him and checked my arms, they were already bruising up. Suddenly I felt his hand on my throat, he was choking me. I tried real hard to kick him off, to make his hand release my throat but I wasn't strong enough. "Ok, I-I understand," I said with a low voice. He released my throat and kissed my forehead. "Good girl, now go get some food." I dropped to the floor gasping for air. when I could finally breathe right I got up and ran out the apartment. I was in the street crying real hard, not  knowing what to do. I didn't want to call my sister and make her worry when tomorrow was her wedding day. The only person I could think of was Damon. I texted him and asked him to meet me at Starbucks in thirty minutes.

   I was sitting at Starbucks waiting for Damon to arrive. He was 10 minutes late...maybe he's not coming? I walked out of Starbucks and before I got far I saw Damon approaching. "Hey, I haven't heard from you since the party. How's everything?" he asked. But before I could even answer I started to cry. He hugged me and held me in his arms and we sat down on a bench. "Hey, what's wrong? what is it?" I backed away from his chest and cleaned my eyes. "It's Matt." He looked at me with a confused expression. "He hurt me this morning." His eyes suddenly widened and his face showed anger. "what did he do?" he asked in a serious tone. I told him from start to finish, his angry face never leaving. "Hayley let me go kick his ass. He should get a taste of his own medicine." he got up, ready to leave and fight Matt but I stopped him. "No, I don't want you to get hurt too. plus he probably just had another awful day at work yesterday. I'm sure he didn't mean to hurt me." He sat back down and held my hand in his. "Hayley, if he hurt you once he will do it again. If you won't let me punch him then, at least tell the police." I stopped crying and got up. "No, no police and he won't hurt me again. please don't tell the police, please don't tell anyone." He got up and held me again. "Hayley please..." I pushed back and cleaned my face. "Please Damon, if you are really my friend you won't say anything or do anything." He nodded and I knew that's not the answer he wanted to give me but he did it anyway. "Hayley, if anything like that happens again...I will speak up." I nodded and hugged him goodbye.

   I was outside our apartment door, scared to go in. I took a deep breath and opened the door. "Hayley there you are, about time. Oh and baby, I am so sorry I hurt you earlier. I have no idea what came over me, but I will never hurt you again because I love you." I nodded and put the groceries away. I made him eggs, toast and sausage, when I was done I went into the shower. I sat there thinking how this wasn't the first time he hurt me. On Halloween night I wanted to give the kids candy, I had bought so much to give out.  But Matt just wanted to watch movies together. I  wanted to see all the children dressed up and give them lots of candy. But when I didn't agree to his plans, he called me names like bitch, whore, worthless shit, and ripped up my costume from the party and threw out all the candy. When I was ready to sleep, he said he wanted to make me his again in bed. when I said no he ripped my clothes and began to make his way into me. He's already hit me on my back and not in a playful way, he's already pushed me hard. But this is the first time he grabs my arms leaving me bruises and choking me. I started to cry again, but before I could really cry hard I heard the door open. I got up and peeked out, it was Matt he was starting to undress. I quickly tried to finish showering before he could get in with me. I turned off the water and opened the shower door, before I could even step out he held up a hand to stop me. "What are you doing?" he asked. "I'm done, I'm going to go get dressed." He held my waist and smiled. "Baby, you are staying in here with me until I finish." he pushed me back, almost causing me to slip and turned on the water. "Now baby lean over and let me show you how much fun shower sex can be." before I could say anything, he turned me around and bend me over. Then suddenly I felt him thrust inside me. In that moment I knew I could never say no to him again or I knew the consequences. When he was finally done, I quickly got dressed and ran out.