Chapter 13

Today is March 24, I now make four months and It's my birthday! Everything has been going pretty well. Matt continues to be nice, he hasn't laid one finger on me since the day I saw him with Nicole on our couch. He bought me lots of gifts for valentines day, he's been bringing flowers almost every once a week. "Get dressed, we are going to your sisters right now," he said. "why, what's going on?" He didn't respond, so I just got up and went to change. "Oh Hayley, dress up sort of nice will ya?" Why does he want me to be dressed up? I thought we were just having cake here and watching movies.

   "Surprise!" yelled Vanessa, harry and a bunch of other people who were there. It was a surprise party for me. "Wow...uh...thanks guys," I said. People were coming towards me to hug me, kiss my cheek and touch my belly. Everyone was being kind to me, Matt was in a great mood as well. what could possibly go wrong? We all heard the door open and turned to look. Damon was standing there with a smile on his face. "Hi everybody." he looked over at me and smiled big again. "There's the birthday girl." What the fuck was he doing here? Oh my god he's here, and in the same room as Matt! My mind was telling me to look at Matt, but my heart was telling me to run and hug Damon. I walked over to him and hugged him. "What are you doing here?" I asked. "I was invited." I turned around and found Matt smiling, I didn't know if I should be worried or happy. "I told your sister to tell him that I was inviting him to your party. It's your day, I thought you should have your friend here too." Did I hear him right? He invited him? Matt...invited Damon? "Don't worry it's alright, I'll behave this time," said Matt.  I was so confused, but I didn't care anymore I was just happy that Damon was here. Last time I heard of him was about a month ago when he told me his grandma was finally getting better. "How are you and the baby?" asked Damon. "Good, we're both good." I tried to stand there and not give into the feeling of wanting to hug him, but I couldn't . I got closer to him and hugged him...well sorta because my tummy was sort of in the way. "I'm so glad you're here. I missed you. Did you move back? I don't even know where you moved to...where does your grandma live?  Why haven't you texted me?" He stood there like he didn't know how to answer. "I missed you too, I haven't moved back yet but hopefully in two months I can come back, she lives in Florida, and last but not least, I haven't texted because I've been busy with my whole family," he said. After our whole chat was done, we all gathered for my cake. People sang, others just smiled. some even yelled out "Make a wish Hayley." A wish...what do I want to wish for? 

   The party was going so well, Matt never said a word when I would go looking for Damon. If Damon and I were talking he would wait until one of us stopped speaking. He was being so respectful. "I've been wanting to ask...can I feel the baby?" asked Damon. I smiled and nodded. He reached out and rubbed my belly for a good minute, but when I looked up I saw Matt with an angry look on his face. "I still cant believe that you're pregnant." I saw Matt coming towards us, shit. But in that moment Damon removed his hand and leaned back. "Hayley can I talk to you for a minute?" asked Matt. I got up and walked with him to what used to be my room. "Hayley I'm cool with him being here only because it's your birthday, but if he touches our baby again I'll hurt him. Don't let it happen again!" He walked away and slammed the door, he slammed it hard that it made me jump. I walked back to the living room and found Damon getting up from the couch with his jacket on. He's leaving? I tried rushing to him, but when I tried hurrying down the stairs I ended up tripping. "Whoa, shit. Hayley be careful!" I was so lucky that Damon rushed over to catch me, or else things could of gone bad. "I'm sorry, I saw you getting up ready to leave and I didn't want to loose you," I said. "I have to go, I have to stop by my friends house to pick up something before heading back to Florida." Ughhhh, he's leaving me again! No! "What no please don't go, stay. Stay, I need you here...I-I don't want you to disappear again. Damon please...I...I...Fuck Damon, I love you and I want you to stay with me. I want you to be with me." He looked around to see if anyone was listening, but everyone was too busy still eating cake and talking real loud. He grabbed my hand and walked us upstairs to the same room I had been with Matt. "What did you say? Did you say you love me?" I nodded and looked down at the ground. "Dammit Hayley, dammit!" he yelled. He got closer and with both hands he held my face up to his and kissed my lips. "I'm in love with you Hayley, God I've been in love with you for a while now. You're all I think about, you're all I want. Believe me, I want to stay with you but, I have to help my family with a few things. I promise I will be back and when I'm back I'll never leave you again."

   The next morning, I woke up to sudden pain on my breast, they were hurting like a bitch. I knew that meant that they were sore... and growing. I got out of bed and headed to the living room and sat there looking at the wall. I told Damon that I loved him yesterday, how am I supposed to wait for him to come back in a month?  God I still cant believe that I told him I love him. Can I really be happy with him? Bigger question is, how am I going to leave Matt? He threatened my baby and I. I heard the bedroom door open and saw Matt looking for me. "Oh there you are. Before I go and get ready for work I want to talk to you," he said. "Yesterday was the last time that you will ever see Damon. I don't want you two to start meeting up like old times, He's not allowed near you or My kid." He leaned over and kissed my head and touched my belly. "I just want to make sure you wont make a stupid mistake like leaving me for him. I'm this baby's father, not him." He smiled. The thought of Matt holding this baby made me feel uncomfortable. I don't see him being father material. "Hayley make me some bacon and eggs!" he yelled. I got up and got ready to make his breakfast. I took out the bacon and reached for two eggs, but before I could set down the food I dropped the eggs. Shit these were the last two eggs, dammit. Matt came out of the room and looked down at the ground then back at me. "Dammit Hayley you piece of shit, you dropped the last eggs we had left! Fucking whore you cant do shit." He started walking over to me all furious, grabbed my arm real tight and yanked my hair back. "Now I have to stop somewhere to get food. clean this shit up, I'll be back till midnight."