Chapter 14

Two months and a week have passed since my birthday, since I talked to Damon at my birthday party. A lot has happened, Matt's inner demon has come back to keep mistreating me, leaving me bruises, pulling my hair, calling me names, insulting my body, calling me a fat cow is one of his favorite insults. But the best thing of all, my baby is a boy. I am carrying a little baby boy. Matt was thrilled to know it was a boy, he started saying how he's going to teach him to be a big man like his father, how to treat women, and how to get people to do everything he wants. My boy will not grow up to be like his father. It breaks my heart to think of how I'm going to make my child grow up not knowing who his real father is, but it's for the best. I want the best for this baby boy. Buzz. I'm back for my queen. when can I see you? -Damon. Oh my god, he's back! Meet me in the park in an hour.

   I sat there in the park waiting patiently...well I was Trying to be patient but I was dying to see him already. I was so nervous that my palms were starting to sweat, now I feel nauseous. oh god, I might throw up right now. I got up and put my hand on my chest, trying to hold it back. "Are you ok?" I turned around and saw Damon's concerned face. "You're here, you're really here! or am I dreaming?" I asked. He laughed and helped me sit back down, his hand never letting go of mine. "I really am here, I'm here with you in the park holding your hand." I smiled and looked at him closer, his hair went from Leonardo DiCaprio to Johnny Depp when he played cry-baby. "How many months are you again? Do you know the gender now? Is everything ok with the baby?" He asked with great concern in his tone. "It's a boy, he's fine and I'm six months now." We sat there chatting for almost two hours, until I realized I had to be back before Matt noticed I haven't been home. "When are you leaving him Hayley? I don't want to be sneaking around and not be able to hold your hand when we go out. I want to be able to marry you one day, I want to raise this baby as if it was mine. I want to make you happy, but you have to leave him now baby girl." Hearing him calling me his baby girl made my heart feel safe, loved and happy. "Soon, I promise." I got home before Matt, But when he arrived he looked angry. "Is everything ok Matt?" I asked. "Did you know that Damon is back in town?" oh fuck. "I was walking to the store to get bread and I saw him in the store, he didn't see me but I know I saw him for sure." He walked over to me and waited for me to answer.  "I didn't know," I said. "Matt, I wanted to talk to you about us." He completely ignored me and ran into the room, all I heard was him tossing things around. when I walked in I saw him tossing our clothes into a suitcase. "Matt what are you doing?" I grabbed my clothes out the suitcase, but before I could put them back he snatched my clothes and tossed them back into the case. "We're leaving, we are going away forever." I stood there wanting to laugh, he must be joking. "Ain't no dumbass getting anywhere near my kid and my wife." "No matt, I am not leaving with you. I want a divorce!" I yelled. His face got red, he walked over to me and punched me in the eye. "You are not allowed to leave me remember? You are coming with me whether you like it or not. You are MY wife and you do what I tell you to do." I tried fighting him off, but he was stronger than me and I didn't want to hurt my baby. He grabbed my arm real tight and forced me into the car, he was so focused on leaving right away that we left our phones and clothes.  "where are we going?" I asked. "A cabin I own and trust me no one will find us."