Chapter 12

Today is my wedding day. Normally the bride should be nervous, crying or excited or even scared. I felt nothing. I sat there staring at the girl in the mirror, I didn't recognize myself anymore. Who is this girl? Why is she so weak? This girl is nothing. "Hayley...hayley?" I turned around and saw my sister standing there all concerned. "Sorry I was lost in my thoughts." She walked over to me and kissed my forehead. "It's time baby sister." I got up and took one last look at the girl in the mirror. Poor girl, she has no idea what she is getting herself into. The music began to play, the crowd went silent and all eyes were on me. I still wasn't feeling nervous, nor excited. I didn't feel a thing. I looked all over the room, some faces were familiar and others weren't. A part of me was hoping to spot Damon, but he was nowhere to be seen. I looked up and saw Matt standing there with a big smile. Oh you fucking asshole, if only these people knew who you really are. These people wouldn't be here unless they are sick like you. I dozed off until it came to the I do part. "Hayley? Do you?" asked the priest. Everyone looked like they were holding their breath, others looked like they were about to fall from their seat. "I...I...uh do. I do." Everyone clapped and we were now married. I married the most awful man to be alive. I married a monster.

   "Congrats you two!" said an elderly woman that apparently works with my sister. "Don't they look perfect together?" Matt would agree and say thank you, smiling to everyone who had something to say. I was in another place. I spotted Harry standing alone, so I decided to join him. "Hey, why are you alone?" I asked. "I was waiting for you to come find me. Come, I have a surprise for you." He grabbed my hand and lead us into the woods. "Harry...where are we going?" He stopped and moved out the way, when I looked up I saw a man standing there. His back was facing us, and when he turned around I almost collapsed to the ground. It was Damon! "Damon, what are you doing here?" He rushed over to hug me, realizing that if he wouldn't hurry up I would run myself but probably fall because of these heels. "I had to see you. I've missed you." Harry quietly signaled that he was going back to the party. "But...I thought you didn't want to ever see me again?" He smiled and kissed my head, even with heels on he could still look down a bit at me. "Hayley, did you forget that I can never stay mad at you? Or stay away for that long?" I smiled and hugged him again, this time I buried my face into his chest, breathing in his cologne. "Did you move back?" I asked. He pulled me away from his chest and held my chin up. "No, not yet I mean. My grandma is sick and I dont want to leave her until I know she's ok." God I wanted to kiss him, He looked a bit different. He let his hair grow out a bit more, it was like Leonardo DiCaprio long and He got muscular. But his smile, his face, his voice hasn't changed at all. He was still My Damon Foster that I so loved. "I hope your grandma gets better. I hope you come back soon, I really missed you." We smiled at each other and I buried my face into his chest again, his arms around me. I felt safe, happy, and peaceful. We stayed like that for a while, until Harry came rushing back. "Sorry guys but hayley, Matt is looking for you like crazy right now." Fuck I forgot that the party was still going on. I turned around to face Damon. "I don't want to leave you, I want to stay here with you." He pulled me in and hugged me tight. "It's ok, I will be back soon." I pulled off and looked into his eyes. I have to do it, I want to do it. I got closer to him and then, I kissed his lips. I backed away and saw him with a surprised expression on his face. I turned around, grabbed Harry's hand and ran back to the party. Before I went to Matt I stopped and hugged Harry. "Thank you. you have made my night," I said. "Of course, Anything to see you smile. I have a question though...why did you kiss him?" I looked at the ground and said, "I uhh.." Harry stopped me and said, "It's non of my business anyway, c'mon let's go."

   "Merry christmas Hayley!" yelled Vanessa. "Merry christmas Matt." Today was christmas day, we had all agreed on watching movies in our christmas pjs. We sat down and watched Home Alone, ate popcorn and sipped on hot chocolate. The guys fell asleep, leaving Vanessa and I chatting in the kitchen. "I can't believe you're a month and a day already, how cute!" I laughed at how excited she was. Buzz. Merry Christmas Hayley, I should be home in a few days. xoxo Damon. I couldn't stop smiling. He texted me! I haven't heard from him since my wedding. "Who's got you smiling like that?" asked Vanessa. "Umm...a girlfriend." She gave me that look like, c'mon seriously. "Ok...It's from...Damon," I whispered. "Damon? I thougth you guys weren't talking anymore?" I thought about telling her but then she would just ask questions about why he really left. "Oh well...yea we talk again." She smiled and said, "Well I'm glad. I've missed him around here." You and I both sister. A couple hours later the guys woke up and made us some cookies. Matt was acting different again, he was being nicer to me. "Matt you guys are welcomed to sleepover," said Harry. For a second I thought he was going to say no, instead he thanked him and agreed. It was already pretty late and we all went to bed. "So how's Damon?" asked Matt. "What?" He turned over and smiled. "Haven't you heard from him?" Does he know we are talking again? Did he hear me in the kitchen? "You haven't? Well that's good, I don't want him in the middle of MY family. If he ever tries to talk to you again...I will make sure he ends up in the hospital. I know he still wants you. Anyway, goodnight baby." He gave me a kiss on the cheek and fell asleep. I lied there thinking how careful I have to be when Damon and I text. Matt may be acting nice but I know that it wont last.