Chapter 10

I sat there in the park waiting, hoping that Damon would come. The more that time passed, the more i thought about the whole situation. I should just tell Damon how i want to leave Matt but don't know how, how I want for all of this to end. I closed my eyes and sat there feeling dizzy. what is going on? when I opened my eyes I saw Damon standing there. "Damon!" I got up and hugged him real tight, softly sobbing and closing my eyes. He hugged back and sat down with me. "I'm so glad you decided to text me, i was beginning to worry. I was going to text your sister but I didn't want to be a bother when she's barely starting her married life," he said. "I always thought about you, I hope you aren't upset with me." He grabbed  my hand and smiled. "I could never be upset with you. But, tell me what's been going on?" I sat there silent for a moment. How do I start? "Matt proposed to me last night at my sister's. He still beats me, he recenlty hit me yesterday morning all because the toast was a bit burned. My sister is so happy with Harry and Harry is very happy to be with her. They look so cute together." I stopped and looked up for a moment, he was sitting there with wide eyes. "He proposed to you last night?" he asked. I nodded and held up the ring. He took it from me and sat there in silence. "I...I said yes, but I didn't mean it. I don't want to marry him, I want to leave him but I don't know how...I'm scared." I wiped my tears and sipped on my orange juice. "You want to leave him?" I nodded and looked at him, then  grabbed his hand. He took my orange juice and put it on the floor, he took both of my hands and looked at me. "Damon help me? I am asking you right now as a friend, help me get the courage to speak up and leave him for good?" I sat there hoping he wouldn't run from me, he nodded and said, "I will help you through this." I smiled and got up, I was determined to march straight to my sisters and tell her everything. But I suddenly felt nauseous again. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. "Hayley are you ok?" asked Damon. But before I could answer I was throwing up in the middle of the park.

   Damon drove me to my sisters house but there was no one there. I grabbed the spare key and let myself inside. I told Damon I really needed to use the bathroom, so he waited in the car for me. I got to the bathroom and rummaged through my sisters cabinet looking for Advil, but instead I found a pregnancy test. This was stupid but in that moment I wanted to take it to make sure I wasn't pregnant. A couple minutes later I was sitting there waiting for the results. I looked down, dear god...I'm pregnant. No one can know, Not even Matt. Now I definitely have to leave Matt. I walked out and got in the car. "Hey, what took so long?" asked Damon. "Oh sorry I got distracted with my sisters wedding photos." He laughed and we were off to my place.  "When are you going to do it?" he asked. I shook my head and said, "I don't know, but when I do I will text you."   

   I got home ready to speak with Matt. This had to be done, for my own good and for the good of this baby I am now carrying. "Finally you're home, make me some food ASAP," said Matt. "Actually I can't, I have to talk to you." He stood up from the couch and headed over to me. "I said make me food ASAP, so do it!" I stood there frozen, I was so scared but I have to do  it. "No!" Matt suddenly stopped and stood in front of me again. "Fucking bitch, When I say make me food it means make me some mother fucking food." I shook my head and when I was ready to speak again he slapped me. He slapped me so hard that I had blood coming out of my mouth. "Matt stop." He pushed me against the wall and turned around. "Matt, I'm leaving. I'm leaving for good." He stopped and turned around confused. "What are you talking about?" he asked. "I am leaving you...I don't want to marry you, I don't want to live here anymore, I don't want to be in this relationship anymore, I want to leave." He looked me in the eyes and burst out laughing. "Hayley, are you that dumb? You are never leaving me understand?" He kept laughing and came closer to me. "I'm not dumb, I'm serious...I am leaving you tonight." I started making my way to the room when I suddenly felt him pull my hair. He yanked it so hard that I fell backwards. He started punching my face, yelling bitch and spitting on me. He was about to kick my stomach but before he did I yelled. "I'm pregnant! Matt please...I'm pregnant." He stopped and stood there all frozen. "You're pregnant?" he asked. I nodded and sat up, trying to clean my face. "That's...amazing! I'm going to be a father!" He walked over to me and helped me up, then sat me on the couch. "Baby, see you can't leave me. We are about to have a kid together." I got up and backed away. "No, I am still leaving you. I don't want you in my baby's life," I said. "Well than I will make sure that our precious little baby doesn't make it into this world." He wouldn't dare to make me loose it, would he? "Seriously Hayley, if you try it I will hunt you down and I will make sure that you loose that kid."